Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 RXTX Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit

I haven't heard about anyone doing this mod to the 2010 models. Is it worth pursuing?
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    I haven't heard about anyone doing this mod to the 2010 models. Is it worth pursuing?
    You'll get mixed input on this topic, I removed mine early on and didn't notice any gains but no doubt it's a restriction in air flow. The kit comes with a nice tapped hole for adding a boost gauge and makes removing the flame arrestor an easy task.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    I removed my FA on my 08 X the DIY way, it was a real PITA and I made a real mess of it. But hey, it saved me a 160 bucks!! I think it improved throttle response a little, but I didn't do back to back top speed runs or anything like that.

+1
    The screen disperses boost more equally between cylinders....the front cylinder will get more boost and run leaner. Guess where most ppl measure boost?

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I removed my FA on my 08 X the DIY way, it was a real PITA and I made a real mess of it. But hey, it saved me a 160 bucks!! I think it improved throttle response a little, but I didn't do back to back top speed runs or anything like that.
    +1 I had the same effect better throttle responce.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    The screen disperses boost more equally between cylinders....the front cylinder will get more boost and run leaner. Guess where most ppl measure boost?
    You may be on to something Jawz, I've seen a lot of engine failures due to lean conditions and usually it's the front cylinder (including my own), been thinking on this one for a while (why that cylinder when both other cylinders still looked perfect). Went ahead and ordered one of Danny's fuel rails thinking maybe that cylinder was starved for fuel due to the factory rail not supplying fuel evenly accros all three, could be a combo of both....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    You may be on to something Jawz, I've seen a lot of engine failures due to lean conditions and usually it's the front cylinder (including my own), been thinking on this one for a while (why that cylinder when both other cylinders still looked perfect). Went ahead and ordered one of Danny's fuel rails thinking maybe that cylinder was starved for fuel due to the factory rail not supplying fuel evenly accros all three, could be a combo of both....
    I would have to disagree on the part of the fuel rail not supplying enough fuel. The pressure is always there all across the fuel rail regardless. The fuel and pressure it's all there cause of the single & simple design of the fuel rail, however all fuel injectors are not created equal that could also be the case.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I would have to disagree on the part of the fuel rail not supplying enough fuel. The pressure is always there all across the fuel rail regardless. The fuel and pressure it's all there cause of the single & simple design of the fuel rail, however all fuel injectors are not created equal that could also be the case.
    Your prob right about the rail but it sure looks nice, I plan on running a seperate fuel pressure gauge off the rail seperate of the RRFPR so I can monitor fuel pressure along with AFRs when riding. The rail has a nice little tap at the end so it will be easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    That's not what I was speaking of. The air preasure in the front of the intake manifold is going to be higher than the rear of the intake without the screen in there. That means all injecters are supplying the same amount of fuel with more air preasure in the front cylinder because when the velocity of the air
    is not dipersed it hits the wall and goes directly into....... The fuel is definitely NOT your issue...there is a difference between preasure and
    velocity. Riva claims more boost on removing the screen, they recorded that I'm sure(if they measured the boost at the front of the airintake). What anomally they recorded was the affect of velocity of air creating a FALSE reading. Take a air hose and blow air into a drum (resevour) and where the air hits the far side of the drum will gain preasure first and THEN diperse to the side the flow came from. I've said this for more than a year
    and it fell on deaf ears and then everyone wants to argue about it, personally,I will not do it. I had an igni power and had deto sensors on each cylinder. Enough said?

+1
    Interesting ... I think too that even our stock intake manifolds are prone to uneven/not perfectly distributed airflow. I think Jawz is right that the front cylinder sees more airflow/pressure/boost than the middle and rear. Most skis with some hours on them will tend to show this too, in that the front cylinder will be the first to show lower compression (wear, likely due to being leaner than the other two cylinders), and apparently it is most common for the front cylinder to fail also. Makes me wonder if you flowed a set of injectors I would definitely put the one that flows the most in the front cylinder to try to help that cylinder live longer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information