Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Filters

Oil Filters

Hey guys im about to do my 10 hour oil change in the next week or so and i bought a pump and some filters off ebay that came from the states, the filters look alright but im not sure now whether i should use them or by a genuine Rotax filter from a dealer locally here in Australia ! Have any of you guys used these ebay filters or know if they are any good?

I bought them off this guy..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160291187640&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Cheers

+1
    I grabed a K&N one from Autobarn. Lot of drag and high performance cars run them so must be good...... hopefully.

+1
    Hey bloke, i buy my filters from the online store. They are like 12 bucks each. But the ones you bought are genuine BRP products by the looks of it anyway.
    They should be fine to use. What oil are you using? i stopped using the seadoo stuff at the 10 hour mark on my X

Im gonna use the seadoo oil for now as its the first change, then next time i change it ill look at some cheaper options! They look like the genuine ones but there not there made in china.... i dont know ill give them i go i guess cant be to bad.....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by quickzx View Post
    Im gonna use the seadoo oil for now as its the first change, then next time i change it ill look at some cheaper options! They look like the genuine ones but there not there made in china.... i dont know ill give them i go i guess cant be to bad.....
    Most of us use Castrol motor oil, its very similar to BRP oil

+1
    I would advise you change your oil much more regularly than the scheduled 100 hours. Ohh okay, China stuff hey? I would probably steer clear. Locally my dealer tries to charge something like $35 for the filters, but as i said you can get them from the greenhulk store for 12 dollars or there abouts. Just order a few when you inevitably start ordering parts for mods

Yeah im going to change the oil at the start of every season! So what do you guys think give the filters a go or just buy a Rotax one... is there any potential to cause damage using these filters?

+1
    when you do oil changes from now on, take a close look at the filter, look for excessive metal shavings. You will find just a tiny amount but this is normal, they are from your supercharger clutch washers.

K&N.....same cost as the OEM/dealership filters (about $12 or so). Dont buy the cheapest crap you can find!....its an OIL FILTER for Christ's sake! And you only need to spend that whopping $12 twice a year or so! And yea, dont wait 100 freakn hrs to change it either - what a fukn joke that is.

+1
    Oreilley Auto carries this K&N filter, its a special order but I bet its cheaper than buying it online and paying shipping.
    I will go to Oreilley tomorrow to see what the pricing is and availability.

Part number: KN-556

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information