Any info on a '96 wave venture 1100

Im a seadoo person and have never delt with Yamaha ski's before. But I ran across a '96 waveventure 1100 with a brandnew SBT engine. The lady is willing to sell me the ski and trailer for $900. Is this a reliable engine? Are there many problems with this model machine? Any input would be great. Im trying to find out as much about this engine before I go look at it. Thanks!

+1
    SBT motors = BOOM.......I wouldn't buy it. I know and heard to many people with horror stories with those motors.

+1
    For 900 bucks who cares what moter is in it. If you keep it stock it should be ok. If and when that moter heads south you can fix it at a low cost.

I dont see whats so bad about the SBT engines. I have a new one in my XP and its been nothing but powerful and reliable, but the 787 usually is reliable anyway lol. I don't believe i'll purchase it just beacuse I just bought 2 more seadoos. But thanks for your input.

the yamaha 1100 engine is very reliable, i have used many sbt engines through out the years and have never had a problem with any. $900 is a great price regardless

+1
    The WaveVenture is Yamaha's original 3 seater, it's a great boat. Powerful, stable and bullet proof. I'd say go for it especially for 9 bills. Just do a compression check.

i agree with everyone. If the hull is good and it has good even compression:BUY IT
    first add sponsons . then add a ride plate and intake grate and you WILL be happy. want to go even faster...put on some gp1200 carbs!!! ...... not to mention the rear cooler holds lots of beer! and the rear location isnt nearly as abusive, on the beer, as my gpr's front cooler. i think i need to buy another venture

I have this ski. My question is why add things it already has? What kind of sponsons, ride plate, and intake grate are you referring to? What advantages do they provide?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macio View Post
    I have this ski. My question is why add things it already has? What kind of sponsons, ride plate, and intake grate are you referring to? What advantages do they provide?
    He's referring to aftermarket sponsons, ride plate, and intake grate. Generally, all these things are performance improvements over the OEM stuff

Thread Information