Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    750sl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    170
    +1
    1

    Best Polaris model for ocean riding?

    I decided its time to buy a bigger jet ski to start riding out onto the Santa Monica Bay. Although I was told I shouldnt Im planning to stick with a Polaris model. What would be the best model to look into OR is there really any real difference (ie virage, freedom,etc). Thanks.


  2. #2
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    If you want the "Best" for Ocean that Polaris made.... I would go with the MSX 140. The MSX is the best rough water hull built by Polaris. And as Proof, Pirate has rode his MSX converted Matrix to a 3 championship titles. All in the Ocean. It will take any water as good as any other ski out there.

    Casper the Matrix 2008 Long Beach 2 Catalina Class 2 National Offshore Champion
    Casper the Matrix 2008 DJSA NorCal/SoCal Enduro Sprint Champion
    2009 National Endurance Vet Master Champion


    You should check out the SoCal Club. There's a large group that ride year round down your way.
    www.socalwatercraftclub.com

  3. #3
    750sl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    170
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    If you want the "Best" for Ocean that Polaris made.... I would go with the MSX 140. The MSX is the best rough water hull built by Polaris. And as Proof, Pirate has rode his MSX converted Matrix to a 3 championship titles. All in the Ocean. It will take any water as good as any other ski out there.

    Casper the Matrix 2008 Long Beach 2 Catalina Class 2 National Offshore Champion
    Casper the Matrix 2008 DJSA NorCal/SoCal Enduro Sprint Champion
    2009 National Endurance Vet Master Champion


    You should check out the SoCal Club. There's a large group that ride year round down your way.
    www.socalwatercraftclub.com
    Thanks I'll look into the MSX 140. I want something I can ride out to Catalina Island and Malibu. I don't think its prudent to do so on a 750sl. Also Im already a SoCal Club member.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    I agree that the MSX hull is the better rough water hull made by Polaris.

    That said, open water ocean riding requires a very high level of machine reliability. Regardless of what brand PWC you select, you must take the time and spend the money to keep it 100% reliable.

    The MSX has specific things that will need attention, as do other brands and models. Don't assume that factory stock is the most reliable configuration

  5. #5
    Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    5,206
    +1
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I agree that the MSX hull is the better rough water hull made by Polaris.

    That said, open water ocean riding requires a very high level of machine reliability. Regardless of what brand PWC you select, you must take the time and spend the money to keep it 100% reliable.

    The MSX has specific things that will need attention, as do other brands and models. Don't assume that factory stock is the most reliable configuration
    What he said ^ bigtime.

  6. #6
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,328
    +1
    29
    I think Billy Womack won some Catalina island and back races on a Virage? I may be wrong about that though. If not, it was the SLTX.

  7. #7
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,134
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    I think Billy Womack won some Catalina island and back races on a Virage? I may be wrong about that though. If not, it was the SLTX.
    Both. Same bottom hull on both too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What's the best year/model for a rec rider?!
    By chillin82 in forum Honda Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
  2. Ski recommendation for my Girl friend for Ocean Riding???????
    By peterlocal22 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
  3. Air intake for Ocean riding
    By gleson in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. Radios for ocean riding?????
    By GTI-SE4426 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. best grate for ocean riding RXT
    By JCM in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •