Stock intercooler question

my rxp has 120 hours i haver never pulled my stock intercooler, does the intercooler need maintenance or cleaning, also is there any need for a water strainer with stock intercooler. thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tris View Post
    my rxp has 120 hours i haver never pulled my stock intercooler, does the intercooler need maintenance or cleaning, also is there any need for a water strainer with stock intercooler. thanks
    It never hurts to run a strainer. You never know what you are sucking up. Especially if you do a significant amount of river riding, it is usually beneficial. Always a good idea although not mandatory. I run a pitcock valve on mine in case (knock on wood) I have to have the ski towed. It is better to block off the water flow to avoid damages. JMO others will chime in.

+1
    it is always a good idea to pull and clean the intercooler, silt can build up in the tubes or oil coating tubes on the air side cut heat tranfer it may be slight but why not keep it running at max performance take care pulling IC the tubes are thin copper and bend easy clean both inside and out with Dawn it works great for me

+1
    what year is the ski? since you have it out, you should pressure test it for leaks. mine started leaking about 110 hours, i chased that problem around all summer.

thanks for ur replys, my rxp is 05. so wher do u run the pitcock valve? any pics, is that on the water hose on the exhaust to stop flooding the motor when towing the ski or u mean on the intercooler? what pressure would u test the intercooler to? without damaging it, i am still running closed loop cooling, does my intercooler circulate coolant or sea water, i thought sea water is only in the exhaust, and what kind of product is dawn im in australia and we dont have that, thanks

Thread Information