Thread: 01 rx 951

01 rx 951

so im gonna winterize my ski today but have a question when spraying the fogging oil in the cylinders do bump it a couple of times to work the oil and then also were do i ground the spark plugs off on like on my spx and gtx they have those speical spots or doi i just p[ut the plugs back in and wires on and bump it

just turn the driveshaft by hand

ok well i wasnt sure so i just spraying in the cylinders then reinstalled everything n shut the gas off even though nothing in the lines and bumped it a couple times is that ok im gonna replace the plugs next season any ways so

Quote Originally Posted by clubin11 View Post
    ok well i wasnt sure so i just spraying in the cylinders then reinstalled everything n shut the gas off even though nothing in the lines and bumped it a couple times is that ok im gonna replace the plugs next season any ways so

There is a white plastic fitting in the airbox. It is attached to a rubber hose that runs to the front of the throttle bodies if it's a DI. Carb'd models I believe you have to spray each side through the intake of the airbox.The red plastic hose you get with the fogging oil fits into the white fitting allowing you to fog the crankshaft and bearings. You start the ski on the hose and rev it to about 3500 rpm and start spraying for about a minute. Spraying through the plug holes is part of it as well. If you use the starter to bump it over yes, ground the plug wires on the grounding posts. Winterizing is a topic that has been well discussed on the forum so finding threads on it is easy. Need a manual search through my posts and you will find a link to a site where you can get one. You may also want to consider adding RV antifreeze to the block for protection. Your zip code suggests you live someplace cold. Unless you store the ski in a warm garage I would do it.

ok well my garage is insulated so its pretty warm plus i wont be in an out so i good on the antifreeze its a carbed model though so ill have to check for that fitting i sprayed down the airbox into the carbs and all then i just couldnt find the grounding posts at all so i just put the plugs back in and the wires back on and bumped it will that affect anything

Quote Originally Posted by clubin11 View Post
    ok well my garage is insulated so its pretty warm plus i wont be in an out so i good on the antifreeze its a carbed model though so ill have to check for that fitting i sprayed down the airbox into the carbs and all then i just couldnt find the grounding posts at all so i just put the plugs back in and the wires back on and bumped it will that affect anything

White fitting is for Direct Inj only you don't have one. Plug wires hooked to plugs that are screwed in are grounded so you are fine there.

Thread Information