Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10

    Haltech Harness, who's interested?

    I am going to be getting a Haltech ECU for my RXP and will be making a Wire harness for my ski.

    I wanted to know who was interested in the harness so that a few can be made if there is enough interest.

    You will not need to send in your stock harness, it will be made from the haltech harness.

    I will provide further details once I see a fair amount of people are interested in it.

    Thanks in advance.

    -Orlando


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    3,048
    +1
    336
    So no cutting or splicing of the stock harness at all? It will plug directly into the stock set-up? If thats the case consider me interested

  3. #3
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    So no cutting or splicing of the stock harness at all? It will plug directly into the stock set-up? If thats the case consider me interested
    It will be a completely new harness. It won't plug in to the stock harness if that's what you are asking. But it will plug in to the stock connections and sensors that are needed to run the Haltech.

  4. #4
    blackvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    west palm beach
    Posts
    520
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    It will be a completely new harness. It won't plug in to the stock harness if that's what you are asking. But it will plug in to the stock connections and sensors that are needed to run the Haltech.
    so basically you would need a racepak dash? im assuming the factory dash wouldnt work then

  5. #5
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    so basically you would need a racepak dash? im assuming the factory dash wouldnt work then
    The RPM's Should work from the stock dash. I'm going to ask and see what other functions can be kept on the stock gauge.

  6. #6
    race jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    auckland nz
    Posts
    539
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    The RPM's Should work from the stock dash. I'm going to ask and see what other functions can be kept on the stock gauge.
    You can make the dash work but there is a lot of work involved to do so!
    I have done a couple of skis now on haltech,the haltech system is awsom and half the price of motec or autronic.

  7. #7
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by race jase View Post
    You can make the dash work but there is a lot of work involved to do so!
    I have done a couple of skis now on haltech,the haltech system is awsom and half the price of motec or autronic.
    I spoke with The main dealer here in the UK last night and asked for his opinion on MoTec vs Haltech as they are dealers for both ECUs and his respons was that for a pro race team with the right engineers MoTec has more to offer but the Haltech price was much better, its more user friendly in his opinion for the home tuner that doesnt have a wealth of knowledge in mapping, its basicly easyer to work with.

    He then went on to tell me that they are going to remove the MoTec from there Race Subraru and replace it with a Haltech, He said they have done so much more work with it then MoTec that they feel they will be able to get better results, Now that is not ment to say the Haltech can get better results then MoTec but that they can get more out of it with Haltech. Because that is what they have worked with more.

    What he told me is that I take the ski to them they could have a loom built ina couple hours then they would get her started and talk me through using the ECU and building the base map with them ther so I was at a point of being able to go and run it in the water to build a full map.

    I asked him If I would be able to send him logs to get advice on what to change later on and he said no issues there either, he said that I would be able to send them to him of Haltech and get the support.

    As far as the gauges are concerned I think it will be hard, My boat now only really has the RPM working as far as gauges are concerned and its annoying really, I would either go without them or spend the $600 and get a RacePak dash, It can show just about everything the ECU is watching which is a real nice.

    R88

  8. #8
    Gone in 3.0 seconds... RXPT400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,527
    what does the Haltech support???...and by that I mean does it have launch control, anti-lag, 2-step launch system. How about maps availability. Im interested in this subject but I will really like to know more about it. I know about Hondas skis running them but Ive never seen a fast Honda running this ECU...

  9. #9
    race jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    auckland nz
    Posts
    539
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    what does the Haltech support???...and by that I mean does it have launch control, anti-lag, 2-step launch system. How about maps availability. Im interested in this subject but I will really like to know more about it. I know about Hondas skis running them but Ive never seen a fast Honda running this ECU...
    I have been using Autronic for over 6 years now and have started using haltec in the last 6 months,
    The sprint the basic model is perfect for a sc ski and has launch control if you want anti lag,launch contrl ,etc etc the platinum sport 1000/2000 is perfect you dont have to purchase any xtra componants for data logging like other ecu's and they are half the price.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Supercharger kit for Stx-15f and Ultra LX who is interested?
    By smokeysevin in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
  3. Who's interested in a 3" Exhaust Tip?
    By JFizzleJR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 07:54 PM
  4. New part from Rotax Racing. Who is interested?
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 06:29 AM
  5. My conversion peeps! who is interested in...
    By PeteSkeet in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •