+1

mini rude with stock i/c?

Hey guys what are your thoughts on running a mini rude with the stock internal i/c?
    Reason being i spoke with the guys from the seadoo centre (Les cooke) and they told me they have run their b-kit chargers with the stock internal i/c. So the mini rude would be about the same yeah?
    I know i wouldn't get the most boost out of the charger and it will suffer a bit of heat fade but will it make a big difference in power? When i went from the stock charger to the x charger it was a big difference so would the mini rude be that again?
    Also i have 42lb injectors and ecu reflashed to suit, so would that handle it or would i have to go to a rrfpr/ bigger injectors?
    Ski mods in sig:

Cheers bradsta..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    Hey guys what are your thoughts on running a mini rude with the stock internal i/c?
    Reason being i spoke with the guys from the seadoo centre (Les cooke) and they told me they have run their b-kit chargers with the stock internal i/c. So the mini rude would be about the same yeah?
    I know i wouldn't get the most boost out of the charger and it will suffer a bit of heat fade but will it make a big difference in power? When i went from the stock charger to the x charger it was a big difference so would the mini rude be that again?
    Also i have 42lb injectors and ecu reflashed to suit, so would that handle it or would i have to go to a rrfpr/ bigger injectors?
    Ski mods in sig:

Cheers bradsta..
    Yeh you can run it fine you just need to make sure the fueling is correct, Les's ECUs tend to be on the lean side anyhow, You might just need to add a RRFPR to add the fuel ontop when the boost comes on.

I think though that you are at a point where you would be better to add a externall IC to your setup then think about more boost later, Unfourtunately your also going to find now that the gais will get smaller for the money spent.

The 215 platform really responds well to the extra boost a X charger can give over the stock SC and any boat would feel alot quicker with a Les ignition fitted.

That said thou the Fizzle IC kit is a very good way to go for the price, You couldnt really beat it to be fair and unless you are racing it will give the right performance, You need a better IC when racing to cope and keep the intake temps down over the whole race when you are hard on the throttl for most of it.

For REC riding and even drag racing the XS cooler that is in fizzles kit is very good.

Another thing is that X charger of yours will really come alive at 8600 so get it revving up there and she will really fly. R88

+1
    R88ory i have the ecu reflashed to 8650, usually turning 8550/8620. I know the xs kit is a good proven performer and best bang for your buck, but it all just keeps adding up! I just thought if it would give a good improvement, for the $700 it's not a bad way to go!
    cheers bradsta..

+1
    I got WAY more performance improvement from my external inter cooler than I did from my stock to Xcharger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I got WAY more performance improvement from my external inter cooler than I did from my stock to Xcharger.
    Top speed im sure you did but I have always felt like running the external IC softens the accel so seat of your pants it dont feel like so much.

If you run a modified intake manifold you can get alot of the throttle response back.

R88

Thread Information