SeaDoocer

Changing out bearings: need some help please

Hey all,
    I need to change out my bearings on my supercharger. Can anyone give me an idea of what the best way would be to go about doing this? I already have the sc'r out and am changing out the metal washers but have never taken the bearings out. Any good advice before I jump into it? Thanks

SeaDoocer
    No takers? No one knows anything about changing out bearings? All I'm asking for is a little help, some direction on the procedure. Come on guy's, don't make me have to beg! lol

+1
    Split the housings. Remove the impeller. Remove the shaft (th rear bearing usually comes out with it). Remove the front seal with the 4 pin socket. Use a 17mm socket on an extension and reach thru the back of the shaft opening and hammer out the front bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    Hey all,
    I need to change out my bearings on my supercharger. Can anyone give me an idea of what the best way would be to go about doing this? I already have the sc'r out and am changing out the metal washers but have never taken the bearings out. Any good advice before I jump into it? Thanks
    one more thing if u have trouble losening the front seal heat it up a little and buy the 4 pin socket t's only $14 without it u can damage it ! good luck

SeaDoocer
    Wow, that thing WAS a bugger..I didn't heat it up because of the seal but was able to wedge it and put some crank power on it! Next time I'll definitely heat it up and not worry about damaging the seal; I'll just change that sucker out with a new one!!
    Jerry was a big help on the private email. I got all the bearings off an replaced with German steel casing. I'm happy about that and now I'm just waiting on a O ring for the step collar. I'm glad I did it but that $70 Jerry charges is worth every penny!!! Hopefully I'll be set for a while and won't have to visit the bearing issue for a while! lol
    As soon as I finish this little Saturday job-turned-week-long I am sending my RXT ribs in for carbon fiber job!
    But, hey, that's why we do it. It's the challenge of conquering...in this case it was almost "being conquered"! lol
    I'm just glad the rest of it is under warranty and I have a good dealer who is an excellent mechanic.

u've replaced your OEM bearings with what ? german steel casing ? can i get some info on what that is ! Thanx

+1
    Its some German made bearings with a steel cage.

you running them too Jerry??? worth doing while the charger is out for steel washers?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Its some German made bearings with a steel cage.

SeaDoocer
    Jerry can give you all the info.

Thread Information