+1

Big Rock On My Little Ski

I trailered my jet ski from my house in Poquoson Virginia to Kipoteke State Park (Concrete Ships) on the Eastern Shore. I dropped around 1130 hrs and headed to the High Rise of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It was small craft advisory conditions with winds at about 20 knots and seas at 3-4 foot. I worked the piles using live eels on a three way with a 7/0 hook I managed two slot fish around 30 inches. I then made a long drift putting out 5 lines with eels and live spot along Fisherman Island, no hits and few marks on the sounder.
    Around 1530 I was back at the High Rise and the outgoing tide had started to slow. I casted eels at the piles and let it drift back to me. I had two fish hit and run, then come off. My next one stayed tight and I reeled him to my ski and grabbed him with two hands and pulled him on the ski. A nice 43 inch Striped Bass! After I got him situated I went back to casting and not five minutes later had another one about the same size. I kept one 43 incher and headed back to ramp by 1630 hrs. By then it had calmed down a lot and it was a nice ride. Here are some pictures from today. Thanks Rob and Robert of the Reel Escape for taking my picture while at the High Rise.

Nice catch, great looking ski but just way too much clothing to be fishing...lol not use to going fishing on the jet ski with more than shorts, t-shirt and a life vest.

+1

Winter Weather Riding Gear

Nice post & pix, as always, Brian. I was wondering if you would discuss your riding gear? I'm not out much this time of year, but when I do, I'm in a wet suit, but your's looks more like a dry version.

Please give us a few lines... head to toe?

Nice pics man, good shots of the guys in the native. Ill ask on my native forum to see if those guys are on there...lol

+1
    Thanks, This time of year I wear a Mustang survival suit. When it gets real cold I will also wear a dry suit under my survival suit. I wear insulated water proof boots. I always have at least two pair of gloves and headgear. So far ski googles work best for me. The wind sheild has made a big difference this winter.

+1
    Nice stripers those are good eating.

Thread Information