12-05-2010, 01:11 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
96 xp - water in motor for prolonged period - help
My grandparents had the runners replaced on dock lift a couple months ago. Well they anchored the ski in the water with the drain plugs out, filled it with water, drained the hull only and put it back on lift. I flushed most of the water out of the engine today. Then I attempted to start it with only one spark plug in to get the remaining moisture out. I cant get the ski to turn over with the plugs in though(full charge). Also when I press start button sometimes it will repeatedly beep flashing the temp light. Another thing I want to point out, mag cover has some bolts that broke off and probably isnt water tight, maybe this could explain why it wont turn over w/ full battery.
Please share your thoughts on my situation, any advice would be great!
12-05-2010, 01:56 AM #2
Better pull the ski out and pull the motor. Better rebuild. No telling what the water has done to it. It's the safest option so you done get stranded. What's the oil look like? Milk, or normal? Best to rebuild IMO
12-05-2010, 02:18 AM #3
take both plugs out and turn her over. If u like take a towel and apply preasure build up on the spark plug holes.
Once u feel all the water is out. check if u are getting spark
attach the spark plugs to the spark plug leads. and ground one at a time on the head. and turn her over. Look to see if you are getting spark and do the same for the other spark plug.
Others will chime in. Also mods please move this to the 2stroke section. They will be able to help him out more there. good luck.
12-05-2010, 04:08 AM #4
12-05-2010, 08:48 AM #5
how long was this ski under water? over night? 1 day? 2 days? couple months? If this ski was bobbing with water up to the nose I would drain the gas and oil also. If the front mag cover has broken bolts you definitely are not sealing the Mag cover. you could have problems there too. but first I would put a fresh battery in it. if its still clicking and not firing you need to change the ground wire. those usually corrode and cause this problem. Is this ski a salt water ski? if it is you should pull the motor and do a complete rebuild asap. if this is a salty ski I bet there is rust in the whole engine and electrical box.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Mikey G. in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
By skidooosl in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
By GP1300RnPVB in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 25Last Post: 08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
By billywilly in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-04-2007, 07:45 PM
By explude in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-18-2007, 07:56 PM