Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ultra 250x cuts off

Hey I am new to this forum I live in Trinidad which is an Island in The Caribbean (SALT WATER). I purchased a used kawa Ultra 250X from Miami doing 57hrs has Riva ride plate,Riva entry Gate, Riva Exhaust,Riva Intake power filter ,R&D block offs, R&D powershot ,R&D pump wedge and Solas 16/21 prop.
    OK 1st thing is, it gives trouble to start until warmed up then once you sqeeze the throttle and release suddenley the motor cutts off......All the time. parking could be a bitch.. if you come off slowly it stays running.I changed plugs, checked for boost leaks, disconected the R & D powershot and still same problem...any suggestions.(the ski runs flawless no missfire ,skipping etc)

please i need help asap any one had this problem? how to fix?

please i need help asap any one had this problem? how to fix?

+1
    Hey I'm from Trinidad and also went to test out my Kawasaki also. By chance are you Yancy ??????

You may want to check bearings, seems like there maybe resistance somewhere when you off throttle. Pump, S/C idler are the common issues.

+1
    why the rnd powershot? to hard to guess on the www. could be many things causing it to cut out fuel/air/electrical you will need to eliminate each one.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by legal import View Post
    Hey I am new to this forum I live in Trinidad which is an Island in The Caribbean (SALT WATER). I purchased a used kawa Ultra 250X from Miami doing 57hrs has Riva ride plate,Riva entry Gate, Riva Exhaust,Riva Intake power filter ,R&D block offs, R&D powershot ,R&D pump wedge and Solas 16/21 prop.
    OK 1st thing is, it gives trouble to start until warmed up then once you sqeeze the throttle and release suddenley the motor cutts off......All the time. parking could be a bitch.. if you come off slowly it stays running.I changed plugs, checked for boost leaks, disconected the R & D powershot and still same problem...any suggestions.(the ski runs flawless no missfire ,skipping etc)
    Idle control motor ( IAC )

after you reset your key and then remove it do you hear a sequence of rattle noise from the TB area ?

Waz

Bearings checked, s/charger checked,air leaks checked BOV blocked off with R& D plate.... The ski runs excellent!!!! runs neck and neck with the 260X leaves the sho's by 3 -4 ski lengths .

I was thinking maybe Map sensor or Throttle position Sensor ??? has anyone had this problem????How to fix??

when I rest the key no I dont hear any noise or rattles is there a way to check this IAC? before changing?

is the Idle control motor part # 21174 just ontop the throttle body? trying to locate it

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Yes on top of Tbody

well the rattle noise indicates its reset its self and is working.........(it should make the noise when u remove the key after a rest )
    there are ways to check the electronicaly but a swap with another ski is the best test.......

and body else near you have a ultra

its only held on by 3 phillips head screws

2 mins and u will be sure it good or bad

but by the info given by u ut sounds as if it run and performs well , but just stalls out when coming back to idle

thats what I am reading into it any way

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information