+1

2002 Virage 800i no fuel pressure

Ok, today I replaced the old gray hoses on my virage i now it won't start. There is 0 fuel pressure. There is 12+ volts at the red/white wire. Grounded the brown wire and don't hear the pump running. Also disconnected the fuel hoses and there is no fuel in them. Is it necessary to prime them? Am I missing something? The battery is fully charged and the circuit breakers are both ok. It ran fine before replacing the hoses. Maybe it's just a coincidence the fuel pump died the same time that I replaced the hoses. Anybody have any other suggestions before I pull the fuel tank and pump, which from what I've read is a pain.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Did you perchance jiggle the electrical connector loose at the fuel pump or damage any of the wires/pins?

Remove the fuel pump connector and check for corrosion or pin damage. Slide the locking tab sideways to release the connector.

The fuel pump is immersed in fuel inside the tank. No priming of fuel lines is needed or even possible on a Ficht engine.

+1
    I tried to checked the connector, after sliding the tab I could not remove it . I wasn't sure if the tab was the only thing holding the connector so didn't want to pull to hard. Tomorrow will try again to remove the connector. Hopefully that is the problem. Thnaks

+1
    Just got around to removing the fuel pump. I connected power to the tabs on the motor and nothing happened, so being a little frustrated I tapped the pump on the bench and it started. To add to my frustration there was still some gas in it and shot out all over one of my other projects an antique Allis-Chalmers tractor hood I just painted.
    I'm thinking I shouldn't trust the pump, would hate to have it stop out on the water.
    I saw a post here where someone used a Carter p74656m does anyone know if it worked? or is there something else that will work. I really don't want to spend $350.00 for a complete assembly when I only need the pump.

Thread Information