Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member with a few Q's

Ok so i have a 08 rxp bone stock and has about 25hrs on it and im looking to do some mods. My question is how many bolt ons can i do befor changing the prop? Im looking at the fizzle i/c riva or fizzle intake and a free flow exhaust. Can i do all three w/out changing the prop? The reason i dont want to chang the prop is because i dont think i can do it myself and i dont want to pay a shop to do it. Also the only shop around me is kinda shifty.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

Any time you increase power output of the engine you need to increase pitch of the impeller to take advantage of the power. Adding mods without increasing pitch is a waste of time and is dangerous for your engine as it will run against the rev limiter. When this happens your ECU cuts fuel and the engine will run lean.

Changing your impeller is very easy
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Prop-Swapping

Hope that helps!

changing the prop is cake, don't let it scare you away from doing mods. if you can do install a free flow exhaust, you can install a prop. just make sure you've got a long socket extension to get the bolts off the pump.

as for your question, i couldn't tell you. i can't imagine that an intake and exhaust are going to require a new prop. not sure on the intercooler, since i'm not sure what kind of gains it'll have.

Actually, the prop is much easier than squeezing an IC in there...the prop is actually very easy....just have a table vice ready. the rest is cake. I changed my prop as one of my FIRST mods...went to a 14/19 and stainless steel wear ring good stuff.
    With more mods, yes you'll want a prop change. the idea is to keep the max RPMs in check with your engines performance capabilities....in other words, the right prop must be chosen to spin the motor right at the motor's desired/capable max level (if that all makes sence)

Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    changing the prop is cake, .

Hey...i just used the word cake!!!

mmmmmmmmmm, cake.....

PS, i'm a reformed fat kid, lmao.

Meanwhile, it's best if you hang out for a while and read read read....do some searching too. many threads about all the basics, and its always good to read all about the good bad and ugly, before jumping into a pile of shit all alone

+1
    How many rpms are you turning at the moment? Depending on that you may get away with the 4" fizzle which will add about 200rpm (your aim is 8100). The free flow exhaust will not do anything in the way of power output. You would definately need to change/repitch the prop with the external I/c though I would think. I believe the X charger would be a better upgrade before the external I/c though.

+1
    I think the intercooler should come later IMO. There are plenty of mods to get you going before you go with the IC. Stage 1 kit is basically bolt ons. Comes with intake, prop, grate, wedge, 14/19R impeller which will be good until you decide to upgrade further to say an x-charger and 42lb injectors then at which you would go with a 15/20. After that I would add the IC and a RRPFR. I kind of followed the "stages" but took my own route. I wanted to go as far as I could without doing an ecu and motor internal work. JMO!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Meanwhile, it's best if you hang out for a while and read read read....do some searching too. many threads about all the basics, and its always good to read all about the good bad and ugly, before jumping into a pile of shit all alone
    Oh yeah. The best thing you could ever do. Ask as many questions as it takes to get it right the first time. Ask a question no matter how stupid you think it is. Measure twice, cut once. You will get an honest answer. Welcome to the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information