+1

Cooling Questions ?????

I see people saying how they have modded there cooling on the FZ's. How can you mod the RIVA cooling and intercooler water routing to gain some performance and if so how much performance gain will there be. I also notice alot of people using the stock intercooler outlet as there exit instead of the thru hull RIVA provided. Is this useful because I like the look of a ton of water gushing out from the side of a ski. I was also think about using the Gay spray as a dedicated cooling line to the engine but i'm guessing I would have to drill a thru-hull to do so ????

+1
    I recently installed the riva IC myself. Most of the install i did using riva's parts included in the kit. I changed a few things. I swapped out the 4-way X-fitting with a 3-way Y fitting from an FXHO, eliminating the screw to block off the old IC feed line. I used the stock IC exit pisser, but used the riva hose in it's place(the stock hose has a 2" long, 5/8" flare at IC end) I didn't trust the loose fitment to the riva IC 1/2" barb.

Drilling the thru-hull is pretty easy.(a little jittery about drilling a hole into a perfectly good ski) The pump plate w/ high flow strainer included in the kit is a better option than using the gay spray spout( I've had a stick get lodged in the gay spray spout) The other option for the thru-hull fitting would be to use the existing thru-hull fitting for the factory siphon bilge since the ski also has the electric bilge. I considered it, but went with drilling one.

With the extra riva hose that i didn't use for the exit pisser. I ran it from the IC flush port to rear of ski closer to the engine flush adapter. I can now use a short Y off the hose to flush the engine and IC at same time.

Here's a few pics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00701.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	223180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00683.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	223181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00681.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	223182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00696.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	223183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00689.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	223184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00684.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	223185

+1
    I was thinking about doing the same thing but I have the stock intercooler upgrade but in the next month or so should have the power cooler. But I did notice after the X the is a T. One to the engine one to the intercooler. I was thinking about using the pump strainer as a dedicated line to the intercooler and the gay spray as a dedicated line to the engine cooling. Now I'm not sure how this will work out but in theory it sounds as though I'll be getting twice as much water into the engine which should mean more cooling . But the only other thing I'm concerned about is if I does this I think when I upgrade to the Pro Series Reduction Nozzle the gay spray will be eliminated and there for no water to the engine. So I'm still a little skeptical about this but thanks for the advice. Will definitely be doing the Y when i get the power cooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I was thinking about doing the same thing but I have the stock intercooler upgrade but in the next month or so should have the power cooler. But I did notice after the X the is a T. One to the engine one to the intercooler. I was thinking about using the pump strainer as a dedicated line to the intercooler and the gay spray as a dedicated line to the engine cooling. Now I'm not sure how this will work out but in theory it sounds as though I'll be getting twice as much water into the engine which should mean more cooling . But the only other thing I'm concerned about is if I does this I think when I upgrade to the Pro Series Reduction Nozzle the gay spray will be eliminated and there for no water to the engine. So I'm still a little skeptical about this but thanks for the advice. Will definitely be doing the Y when i get the power cooler.
    if you are refering to the riva exit nozzle. it has a pisser. which had a allen head screw in it. so you can use it or not.
    that was a issue for me when i was thinking about getting it. with the r&d cooling kit that line is used for the oil cooler.
    you do get more water flow from the pump strainer than you would get from the pisser.
    i run a dedicated 3/4" line from the pump strainer to the ic.
    i also see that you are using the heavy duty hose clamps. those are a must with the waterlines. if you pop one of those off your boat will be a bathtub really quick.

+1
    are you running the pisser straight to the oil cooler and the pump strainer straight to the IC cause this is what I am planning to do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    are you running the pisser straight to the oil cooler and the pump strainer straight to the IC cause this is what I am planning to do.
    yes, you got it. i also have a 2nd line off of the pump strainer that goes to the rectifier."basic r&d cooling kit".
    i would reccomend that you get the 2nd thermostat kit from r&d.

you are going with the riva ic?
    you did not like the jd ic?

+1
    Well I've heard that for saltwater setups that the RIVA IC is best. Idk what's your opinion ???

Thread Information