Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro's and Con's of doing away with a waterbox

Anyone have a cule what the pro's and con's are if someone were to do away will the water box on a seadoo 4-tec?

We know that the water box is used for two reasons

1 being- to prevent water from getting into the engine when rolled over
    2 being- to provide back-pressure. however now with the 4-tec engine how vidal is the waterbox?

Thx for the support!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasenracing View Post
    Anyone have a cule what the pro's and con's are if someone were to do away will the water box on a seadoo 4-tec?

We know that the water box is used for two reasons

1 being- to prevent water from getting into the engine when rolled over
    2 being- to provide back-pressure. however now with the 4-tec engine how vidal is the waterbox?

Thx for the support!
    First reason im not sold on as there is alays a chance of water getting to the engine in the event of a roll over.

Main reasons are sound and to cool the exhaust gases so that a rabber exit hose can be used. No need for back pressure on a SC motor you just need to get rid of the gasses as fast as possible so as little restriction as possible is best.

By going straight pipe I.E no waterbox you will see better bottom end as the motor can rev up faster, it souds awsome but is very loud.

If you want loud then ditch it but to be honest its only really any good for racing. Best thing you could do is mod your WB to be like the Riva box or buy the Riva box. Sounds real nice and gets the motor breathing much better. The 08 exhaust mid pipe is also much better then the J pipe setup. R88

Thanks for the info. I'm building a one mile drag boat. Just want to hull azz 3 days a year. with the mod do you think top speed will be comprised?

+1
    4 tech Sc ski Streight out is obnoxiously loud.
    If you want it loud but sound good, go with a short can or mufler. (3-5 inches)

+1
    A straight piped 4 tec is like standing behind a top fuel dragster...... Its loud as fuck. Just ask all the people that rode behind the spitfire at mudbug.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    A straight piped 4 tec is like standing behind a top fuel dragster...... Its loud as fuck.
    +1

I remember a few hydro drags back... there were many SC'd ski's running straight pipes, and yes.... they were stupid loud Haven't seen, or heard another straight piped SC'd ski since that particular hydro drags. Guess it was just one of those fads that quickly go away, as it doesn't seem to accomplish a thing..... other making yourself look like a jackass

+1
    If anyone wants to know how crazy loud, just take your j pipe off and crank er up.:

Turn it down just a tiny bit and thats pretty much it.

+1
    i like turning the lights off lighting the boat and cracking the throttle and watching the flame come out with the j-pipe off...........BET!

+1
    Even though everyone says its way to loud...it still makes me wonder...lol... I like loud, and just wonder how loud it is compared to my riva water box.... I ride the ohio river, and the bajas and speed boats are ridiculosly loud so I don't think It would be much worse....i used to drive my drag car around with open headers on the weekends....how much worse could it really be???also, how hard is it to make something up ?...could the stock rubber hose be used for a test run?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i like turning the lights off lighting the boat and cracking the throttle and watching the flame come out with the j-pipe off...........BET!
    I can only imagine how many times you've just been sitting out in the garage...... And doing this ......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information