Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flight Sim X

+1

Flight Sim X

Anyone Fly any flight sim 2004 or X ? I got my pilot cert from the game myself. I like to fly the 737,cessna,heli and the F-16 doing air shows with the white smoke around the airport!

I have around 130 hours flight time so far.. I want to upgrade to the X version.

Feels pretty real when your really flying watching all the maps, airports, distances,glide slope and wind direction. Landing is the best.

+1
    FSX is awesome! You just need a NASA supercomputer to get decent frame rates with the graphics turned up, especially in the high detail cities. However, even with the graphics turned way down the cockpit & environment detail is simply amazing. I bought the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar & a Saitek rudder pedal setup just for this game.

Been awhile since I've played, but it might run a little faster now that I'm running W7 from an SSD. LMK, if you get it. I've never tried out the multiplayer option. It'd be cool to try some head-to-head air race events in the Extra 300.

+1
    Ok sounds like fun!.. Currently, My joystick isnt working with my new computer..figures huh? lol,

I'm planning on getting the X. Just when,,,,, is another issue, I need to stop buying jetski parts.!lol

Then maybe we could do some racing in the air with the extra 300. those are fun to fly too.. I'll get back with ya on that.!!!

I have a optoma dlp projector that I throw the screen on the wall and it REALLY feels live then.. 8 ft by 6 foot screen. Its incredible when its that size/ Takes up all your vision while flying..

+1
    Actually, I have a spare copy that's yours free if you want it. I originally bought the standard edition & ended up buying the deluxe version later to get the extra planes & missions, so I have two copies.

As for hardware requirements, you won't need a big powerful video card because the game is coded to rely mainly on CPU performance, but if your motherboard BIOS supports overclocking you'll want to crank up the clock speed of you processor as much as you can in order to get better frame rates. Also, make sure to download the service packs because that will speed it up greatly as well.

PM your addy & I'll get it to you ASAP.

+1
    AWESOME!!! I'll Pm you my addy. Thank you very much. early xmas present!! Sweet..

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Actually, I have a spare copy that's yours free if you want it. I originally bought the standard edition & ended up buying the deluxe version later to get the extra planes & missions, so I have two copies.

As for hardware requirements, you won't need a big powerful video card because the game is coded to rely mainly on CPU performance, but if your motherboard BIOS supports overclocking you'll want to crank up the clock speed of you processor as much as you can in order to get better frame rates. Also, make sure to download the service packs because that will speed it up greatly as well.

PM your addy & I'll get it to you ASAP.

+1
    I love Flight Sim I have 2004 never upgraded to X yet. My favourite aircraft is the Bombardier corporate jet. I used to actually fly cross country flights in real time. Haven't played it in while though.

+1
    The best is the tower view from selfridge air force base in the f-16 with smoke trails doing an airshow above the runway from the third person view.. its a little tricky but if you can fly third person view, its a riot. its like watching a airshow for real!

Then I'ill usually fly over lake erie and buzz down to put in bay and fly back to selfridege or cleveland airport at high speed.

Another fun 1 is to fly into o'hare airport at night with snow in a big 737 or twin prop. the twin props fly excellent.. stable.

does the flight sim x allow to communicate with other pilots flying in real time with ya? with a roger wilco type talk?

+1
    Sweet! I got it on Xmas eve! What a gift! Thank you very much Mark. I'll get er downloded this weekend and get some flight time!. Did you put the extra planes on that disc?

Thanks again.. Green Hulkers Rule!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Sweet! I got it on Xmas eve! What a gift! Thank you very much Mark. I'll get er downloded this weekend and get some flight time!. Did you put the extra planes on that disc?

Thanks again.. Green Hulkers Rule!
    My pleasure...merry Xmas Tom! Sorry, my issue turned out to be my board & not my power supply, so my desktop is still down waiting on an RMA board. I'll burn them to a disk & send it to you once it's back up.

Here's a cool site for add-on downloads:
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html
    It's a $5/mo membership fee, but you can download all you want & then cancel. The only thing I noticed with 3rd party planes is they won't render properly with the DX10 preview enabled. You have to disable DX10, exit & restart the game for them to work right.

+1
    I hear ya,, thanks.. I have it downloaded already and flew a small trip around the airport. all seems good.. Merry Xmas to ya and your family! I had a few places on line to get planes from, but Not sure what will work with the x version instead of the 2004 version. i'll have to check it out and see what will work.. I need a F-16 for sure.. Thats my favortie plane to fly.next would be the 737. I'm comfortable with that plane also..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information