Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

how often do you check slip and how often is your slip out?

I'm looking into changing the the chargers on my rxp and I hear the bigger the charger the more often you have to reshim the charger. is this true, it makes sense? more air moving, more pressure on the clutches. I'm looking to see if the mini rude, et137, or XX charger are as reliable as an X charger. I'm looking to upgrade my X charger and give it a little more power, but I don't wanna be wreching all the time.

+1
    I"ve personally never owned a big charger, but i have heard good things about the mini rude...my question is what mods are you currently running?a stock x charger will take you clear up to 80mph with the right parts to go with it...

+1
    anyone not wanting to check the slip on their chargers every 5 minutes should get the 08 supercharger oiler system mod installed in their PTO cover if they do not currently have it already as this will help prolong the life of any clutch system on any charger and is an absolute necessity on a BIG CHARGER which IMO is anything RUDE or Engine Tech or equivalent and up...i also believe this mod drastically prolongs any chargers life and the times between the need to ck slip moment.......PERIOD!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    anyone not wanting to check the slip on their chargers every 5 minutes should get the 08 supercharger oiler system mod installed in their PTO cover if they do not currently have it already as this will help prolong the life of any clutch system on any charger and is an absolute necessity on a BIG CHARGER which IMO is anything RUDE or Engine Tech or equivalent and up...i also believe this mod drastically prolongs any chargers life and the times between the need to ck slip moment.......PERIOD!
    Any pics of this "08 supercharger oiler system mod installed in their PTO cover"? How is it done, who on this board does the work, what parts need to come off the engine-- any other TIPS?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Any pics of this "08 supercharger oiler system mod installed in their PTO cover"? How is it done, who on this board does the work, what parts need to come off the engine-- any other TIPS?
    Here you go bud. Bigdaddy posted up some nice pictures to go along with the mod.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=08+oiler+mod

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    I'm looking into changing the the chargers on my rxp and I hear the bigger the charger the more often you have to reshim the charger. is this true, it makes sense? more air moving, more pressure on the clutches. I'm looking to see if the mini rude, et137, or XX charger are as reliable as an X charger. I'm looking to upgrade my X charger and give it a little more power, but I don't wanna be wreching all the time.
    The mini-rude and the XX are the same thing, the et137 is also almost identical, just slightly less boost I believe.

+1
    I checked the slip on my x charger with riva washers 40 hours after rebuild. The slip had not changed, if it did, the change was insignificant..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    The mini-rude and the XX are the same thing, the et137 is also almost identical, just slightly less boost I believe.
    I know, I wanna know if their as reliable as the oem X charger?

+1
    Oh okay. I guess it goes without saying that putting more boost through the same clutch and shaft setup is going to cause it to wear faster.. But while we you are only talking a few more psi of boost, I don't think it will make a huge difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Oh okay. I guess it goes without saying that putting more boost through the same clutch and shaft setup is going to cause it to wear faster.. But while we you are only talking a few more psi of boost, I don't think it will make a huge difference.
    A few more PSI makes a big difference..And now with the part we have VS what we didnt have 3 years ago you can build a very reliable "Big" Scer..Im running a 2 rude and once the slip was set i never lost it all year..Like Steve said,the 08 oiler,McMaster Carr spring washers and a good set of clutches and your Scer should hold up almost all year with no problem depending on your riding style..You might want to take it out and check it half way through the season just as preventable maintence but that would be about it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information