Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

opinions on how much this used car is worth.. friend is trying to sell it.

Hey everyone,

I need your opinion.. this is my friends car for sale... ill post the stuff from his craigslist add, and a picture... i wanna know how much you guys think this is worth. I feel like it is overpriced... and the only reason I really care is because he is asking for me to sell it.. and once this is sold he can use the money to buy something of mine that I need gone. So basically the quicker this can get sold for a good price the better for me..

I happily posted it on craigslist at the price he asked, however I feel like nobody will bite..lemme know your guys' opinions!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Sport for sale. The car drives normal, no issues with the way it runs. It has had its regular maintenance as far as oil changes go. Heat works great, A/C works great most of the time.

I took the car in one time for service at jiffy lube, where they had left the oil drain plug loose. The plug came out, and all the oil drained out and seized the motor. Jiffy lube then replaced the engine with a newer one that had less miles. I have ran this new engine to about 130,000 miles, however the odometer reads 136,642.

The only other thing is that the car was once broken into and the radio was stolen from the vehicle. However there is now an AutoPage alarm system installed in the car with auto start which has been great for the winter time!

There are normal dents and scratches here and there this is not a car in perfect condition. What you see is what you get.

2dr
    4x4
    power windows
    adjustable wheel

The car is for sale at $2,600 OBO. Below are 2 pictures posted, however i can take more upon request. Payment is in Cash only, and must be arranged for pickup. Serious Inquires only please!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    trade him and turn it into your tow vehicle or a trail rig? Price seems ok, you might want to look it up in NADA or KBB

+1
    Try Auto Trader Online, and see what similar ones are going for in your area.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Try Auto Trader Online, and see what similar ones are going for in your area.
    X2 agreed...
    I Sell cars for a living and i think that is a VERY fair price for retail...
    You can toss NADA/KBB out the window when talking about a 94 with only 136,000 miles on it...
    I look at it this way......ANYTHING.... that gets you from point A to point B is worth 1,000-1,500... Add in 4x4 and cold A/C for the winter and you have a good peice of merchandise...
    Wait it out, once the snow really starts falling and someone slides their junker into a tree they will be looking for a cheap beater to tool around in for the winter...
    Just my 2cents...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    X2 agreed...
    You can toss NADA/KBB out the window when talking about a 94 with only 136,000 miles on it...
    I look at it this way......ANYTHING.... that gets you from point A to point B is worth 1,000-1,500... Add in 4x4 and cold A/C for the winter and you have a good peice of merchandise...
    Wait it out, once the snow really starts falling and someone slides their junker into a tree they will be looking for a cheap beater to tool around in for the winter...
    Just my 2cents...
    even with his missing radio..

i am waiting for him to sell this so he can buy a car i picked up to get to A to B I'm ready to upgrade!!! but he needs to sell this so he can use it to buy mine and I need the money from selling mine to get this truck!

+1
    thing is.. KBB they got are at like 1,500-1,600 in the condition his is in!!!

online I've looked... i haven't found one with the sames miles, but they go for $1-1200 sometimes for like 130,000 miles!

+1
    I have seen people asking $3,500 to $700 for them. I wouldn't paid more then $1,500 to $2,000 for it. Just because there are most likely 10 more to buy out there.

+1
    yeah... exactly! thx for your opinion!

+1
    X2 agreed...

Just my 2cents...
    +1

132K is not a lot for this car and 4x4 is worth more than the 2x4 the version, even with the radio gone. If someone comes up with $2000, let them have it.

Yup, this is me, too.
    I'm in the business as well, and we have an issue now that we haven't had in the past, and that's the fact that there are very very few decent used cars for sale right now, and at auction dealers are fighting over them. The reason: Cash For Clunkers from last year is killing us. The government took a huge amount of used cars off the market and CRUSHED THEM. It took a year, but now, dealers, buyers, end users, etc., are starting to see the fall out from it.
    From a retail standpoint, $2400 is reasonable. I'd hold at that. And frankly, I think it'll stay at $2400 for probably another year, maybe more if the market continues to stay bad.
    X2 agreed...
    Just my 2cents...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information