problems with newly bought 07 RXT 215

Hi all i just resently bought a 07 rxt from jsw in labrador (australia) and i have a few minor problems going on with it.. when you put either key in it comes up with a "sensor" on the dash ??? does anyone know what that is as i have no idea about this..

also have a starting fault it just clicks when you try start it sometimes... im thinking a starter solenoid or something ??? anyone able to clarify these problems ???
    other than that it goes like a put bull on steriods

cheers

+1
    Take the ski to the dealer and have them deactivate the depth gauge in BUDS. It simply needs to be "unchecked" and you should be good to go. I've seen it in another ski. The compass was deactivated and the depth gauge was activated somehow and the display flashed the same message. 1000% certain on the starting solenoid. Easy to change. Part number is 278002347 I believe. Hope this helps !!!

thanks buddy.. is there ment to be a depth sensor on the ski ?? if it is whys it been removed?? and yeah ill be telling him to fix it.. dont wanna get stuck out at sea now do ya !! cheers mate

+1
    depth finder is a factory option,it doesn't come stock on the ski....make sure it doesn't have one(its a plastic black square next to the exhaust)as mine reads "sensor" when i plug in,and i have one.

+1
    Correct. It is a factory option. However, it does get activated some way in BUDS if there isn't one installed like the compass does on the RXP's. It should be a simple fix to cut it off. The depth sounder may be bad if there is one installed. It is not uncommon. Check on the inside bottom of the hull if it is there or not by the exhaust. A small black puck if you will.

so its on the inside of the hull under the rear seat compartment somewhere there im guessing ?

thanks for the help guys much appreciated )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    so its on the inside of the hull under the rear seat compartment somewhere there im guessing ?

thanks for the help guys much appreciated )
    Yes. In the back of the hull. Under the exhaust area in the center of the hull.

+1
    If you don't see it immediately, it's probably not there. Have the dealer 'uncheck' the box for depth gauge.

Thread Information