Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: Reeds for my 780

I am looking to buy reeds for my SLT 780. I was looking at the boyesen pro reeds but am open to others. I would even be open to any websites that have a good deal. Thanks Tim

one other question, I didn’t search real hard, but do any of the reeds from a snowmobile fit the jetski?

i would go with vforce or boyseen power reeds if you wanna go thru the head ache of retuning after wards ,

ebay is prolly your best bet or lurk around this for sale section you might come up lucky if i were you id go with high compression domes first , then exhaust , bigger carbs , then do reeds .

i just dont think reed change overs are worthy enough for the work of taking them out and all thats involved

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I disagree ^^^^^

Reeds are one of the easiest perf mods, with very little tuning needed. Usually a tad richer (out) on the high speed screws. They can really wake a ski up.

High compression domes are good.

Exhaust would be a MAJOR tuning concern

Bigger carbs would be a another MAJOR tuning issue, and not even sure would add much in performance on a mostly stock ski.

Kegonsa, send a PM to Jonjon Wells, or thesepaperwings and see if they have the V Force 2 reeds for sale.

Otherwise, you're going to find Boyesen power reeds for around $80

Boyesen Pro reeds for around $110

Carbon Tech reeds for around $120.

That's about the going rate for those unless you can find a deal on Ebay.

NOTE: The 650/750/780 all use the same reeds, so if you find a deal for any of those, they will work on yours.

I know that 650/750/780 are the same size, but when you look at Boyesens website they show that the 750 are Pro28 and the 780 and 785 are Pro30. Would the only difference be how stiff the pedals are? I did find a deal on some Pro28 but am not sure if it would be wise to use them if boyesen does not list them.

Thanks for the input

jon jon has got all the fixings for a 750/780 hotrod

+1
    i have good OE stock reeds here, if you just want some replacements. i can also order, any aftermarket.

are you in stoughton WI? i am just down the road in janesville. let me know if i can help.

I am in Stoughton right by Quams boat landing. I have been planning to come down some time to pick up a carb kit before spring, may have to pick up the reeds at the same time. What would you charge for boyesen pros?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I would assume it's just stiffer pedals. The 750 turns 6300 RPM and the 780 turns 6500 RPM at normal WOT.

Compare ProductsPrint This Page .

PRO SERIES REEDS
    $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist
    PRO SERIES REEDS
    $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist
    HIGH PERFORMANCE PRO SERIES REEDS
    $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist
    Description Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. The High Performance line is intended for High Performance modifications and/or racing applications.
    Short Description Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. Boyesen Pro Series Reeds combine breakthrough carbon technology with all the advantages of Boyesen's dual-stage Power Reed. The High Performance line is intended for High Performance modifications and/or racing applications.
    SKU PRO-28 PRO-30 PRO-31
    Manufacturer
    Color
    $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist $147.95
    Add to Cart
    Add to Wishlist

Close Window .

stiffness is the same in stock form since they share the same part number right kevin ? so you will want to go by what the manufacturer recommends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information