2000 gp800 (new to forums)

Hey guys whats up im new to the forums and site and i just wanted to introduce myself! My name is CJ and i am a long time rider but first time owner. I just bought a 2000 yamaha gp800 with 45 hours ( after i put a couple on it lol) and it seems to be a pretty sweet ride, its not the fastest but its the best i could afford. can i get some opinions on this ski from yall? i know about the wave eater clips for the power valves and i plan on doing that before this season starts! also could anybody give me some info on mud bug rally? Thanks everyone and i look foward to everyones feed back

welcome you will love this place

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by uberman39 View Post
    Hey guys whats up im new to the forums and site and i just wanted to introduce myself! My name is CJ and i am a long time rider but first time owner. I just bought a 2000 yamaha gp800 with 45 hours ( after i put a couple on it lol) and it seems to be a pretty sweet ride, its not the fastest but its the best i could afford. can i get some opinions on this ski from yall? i know about the wave eater clips for the power valves and i plan on doing that before this season starts! also could anybody give me some info on mud bug rally? Thanks everyone and i look foward to everyones feed back
    welcome CJ

good entry level craft you have there... I am assuming its an 800R?

Mudbug section is way down on the forum... we always have Texas caravans headed down there when we get closer to the event

do some searches on:
    Stepped sponsons
    Pump shoe sealing and PPK
    Primer kit install
    Wave eaters
    Securing oil injection lines

hey WFO no my ski is the year before they started making the GPR 800, its a year 2000 model, it has the powervalve 120 horsepower motor. it has the adjustable sponsons and what not, does the pumpshoe on mine need to be sealed and what do i need to secure the oil injection lines? i already planned on getting the wave eater clips! i dont want to lose a powervalve into the cylinder that would be no bueno lol!

Thread Information