Some questions about engine electronics.

Hey everyone, I was just wondering how you would put an aftermarket ECU (not a plug-in one) and some bigger fuel injectors, into a jetski. Would I need to buy adapters? Completely Re-wire? Would I have to change the fuel rail or make a bigger hole for the injectors?

Please help

Thanks

+1

injector help

Quote Originally Posted by JordieS View Post
    Hey everyone, I was just wondering how you would put an aftermarket ECU (not a plug-in one) and some bigger fuel injectors, into a jetski. Would I need to buy adapters? Completely Re-wire? Would I have to change the fuel rail or make a bigger hole for the injectors?

Please help

Thanks
    Bigger injectors are easy. Just plug and play.

1.Remove the 2 bolts that hold down the fuel rail
    2. Gently wiggle the entire fuel rail and pull straight up.
    3. Slide the clip back (not off) and disconnect the wiring from the injector by pushing down on the metal clip
    4. gently wiggle and pull the injector straight out
    5. lube up the O ring on the new injector and slide it in.
    6. repeat 2 more times
    7 reverse operation.

Make sure that the injector is completely in the rail. when you look from the side, you will see a groove on each side of the injector that the clip sets into. make sure the clip gets in there.

Not sure about your ECU question. I know most of the aftermarket ECUs are plug and play. If you're talking about a MOTEC or something else, I'm not the person t ask about that. Sorry

Hope this helps.

PaulyC.

Thanks heaps, but what if they are not plug and play? Do i have to get a new terminals, connectors or adaptors? How would it work if I were to buy just injectors?

Thank you very much anyway it's appreciated.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I think I see where you are going. I'm guessing you have some or a source for injectors that are cheap. A lot of testing and analysis of spray patterns and tuning have been put into the injectors that are sold specifically for whatever ski you have. To do what you are inquiring about is way beyond your mechanical understanding based upon the questions you have asked. Paying for the correct parts for your application and learning about how these ski's do what they do and how they operate will cost way less than an engine when you hand grenade then one you have.

It is also way easier to tell you why it wont work then explaining to you how to make it work. If you want to ask some more specific questions or explain to us exactly what you are trying to do we would be happy to discuss it with you further.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I wish to convert to ethanol mainly for the environmental reasons not so much performance although I think a tiny bit of extra boost may be in order Think of it as a sort of environmental demo ski.

What size are the stock injectors for the RXP-X and the FZR? I would like to go 30%-50% bigger just in case.

I have not yet purchased a conversion ski as I want to find which is the most possible to convert, I am looking at a Sea-Doo RXP-X or FZR but I would rather the RXP-X.

I have done a bit of research and know that it would not be an easy task fitting injectors that aren't plug and play.

And all I need with the ECU is the (maybe) extra bit of boost and then I just need the AFR adjusted to suit the ethanol and other minor things.

I would like to try and keep it basically a stock ski that just runs on ethanol instead of gas.

Thank you all for your help

(I currently have an '09 VX Deluxe btw)

Thread Information