Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Who sells the most PWC's, Motorcycle's, ATV's, Snowmobiles and Utility Vehicles?

I thought this was interesting. Who sells the most PWC's, Motorcycle's, ATV's, Snowmobiles and Utility Vehicles?

Attached Filespowersports equipment sales leaders.doc (123.0 KB, 0 views)

BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
    hey how come none of the TCW-3 u guys amsoil sells is not NMMA certified?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 550 OCEAN PRO SLUT View Post

I think that the process of getting an oil NMMA certified is very costly for the smaller companies. This might be the reason Amsoil didn't go for it. But then again, maybe it is because the oil failed the minimum qualifications needed ?? I never was a fan of it. I heard too many horror stories during my boat racing days. Perhaps by now, the oil might have improved.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 550 OCEAN PRO SLUT View Post
    To get the AMSOIL NMMA TCW-3 Certified is Very Expensive. The TCW-3 is just a minimum spec. AMSOIL would surpass the spec with no issues. I now people that have been using it for over 15 years with great success. (Pho2craft) Al use to own a Polaris dealership and would sell cases of the AMSOIL every month. The customers use to tell him that it would smoke less and not load up like the other oils they have used. If AMSOIL has a lubrication failure it would be covered under their Warranty.
    The tests include varied bench tests for fluidity, lubricity, viscosity, etc., plus the oil must meet minimum ring sticking and carbon build up on pistons in engine tests. The engine tests include one BRP 40 hp, one Johnson 70 hp, and two consecutive Mercury 15 hp tests and two lubricity tests. The tests are run for 100 hours each and the engines are stopped every ten hours for inspection. I hope this information helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Rich, I'm suprised you would have ANY problems with Amsoil, we used it in some of our race boats. My buddy used it in his blown whatever it was race boat (he loved that loud quarter mile stuff) and would use nothing else. You could give him other oil and he would just give it away.
    Some of the fastest snowmobiles use the stuff.
    I had customers come from far and wide just to get the Amsoil and it's like Kevin stated, less smoke and NO loading issues through the 5 MPH zone.
    I know we all have our preferences but I'll use nothing else in ANY of my stuff!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Rich, I'm suprised you would have ANY problems with Amsoil, we used it in some of our race boats. My buddy used it in his blown whatever it was race boat (he loved that loud quarter mile stuff) and would use nothing else. You could give him other oil and he would just give it away.
    Some of the fastest snowmobiles use the stuff.
    I had customers come from far and wide just to get the Amsoil and it's like Kevin stated, less smoke and NO loading issues through the 5 MPH zone.
    I know we all have our preferences but I'll use nothing else in ANY of my stuff!!
    Like I said, maybe the oil has improved over the past 10 years, but one of the problems I experienced with engines that had been using it and were ripped down was lack of an oily film on the critical parts. The piston rings were often found to have edges so sharp you could practically shave with them. This is a sign of poor lubrication. Now this was with 2 stroke Merc racing engines that operate at 10,000 rpm or more. I have no experience with the oil in 4 stroke applications. I had used their synthetic gear lube in outboard lower units and never had a problem with it. When Amsoil first came to market they used to recommend using it at 100-1 in 2 strokes. That always sent a chill down my spine. I wonder if any engines were destroyed by following that recommendation ?

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    Like I said, maybe the oil has improved over the past 10 years, but one of the problems I experienced with engines that had been using it and were ripped down was lack of an oily film on the critical parts. The piston rings were often found to have edges so sharp you could practically shave with them. This is a sign of poor lubrication. Now this was with 2 stroke Merc racing engines that operate at 10,000 rpm or more. I have no experience with the oil in 4 stroke applications. I had used their synthetic gear lube in outboard lower units and never had a problem with it. When Amsoil first came to market they used to recommend using it at 100-1 in 2 strokes. That always sent a chill down my spine. I wonder if any engines were destroyed by following that recommendation ?

Richard
    The 100-1 is for normal applications. For your application in the Merc racing engines I would say start at the 50-1 and go less oil from there. Oil technology has changed a lot from 10 years ago. We ran the Sea-Doo's back in the early 90's at 70-1 and the stroker Yami's with great success. The Doo's were having front bearing problems with some of the other oils due to lubrication. We were not having any problems. Here is the AMSOIL/Rinker Racing Team Terry Rinker that set the world record for consecutive wins with seven after sweeping the seven race ChampBoat series for 2006. He was also the 2003 and 2005 series champ. He is the owner of http://www.rinkerboat.com/ This boat runs 135 MPH at 325 HP.
    Here is some information on the team.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...e=rinker/index
    Check out this crash.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=rinker/crashvideo/index
    I hope some of this helps.

+1
    Interesting reading, 800....thanks

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    Interesting reading, 800....thanks

Richard

I hope some of the information help out. I wish you were able to send the parts to AMSOIL back in the day and ask them for help. You are welcome.

BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH

Talking

the reason i asked is
    a lot of the guys here http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=3
    have been having problems with there higher HP outboards, saying that the OEM will not cover the warranty
    u might want to post this over there and straight these bad boys out. DO NOT refer to PWC or u will get bashed by those guys very bad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information