+1

Stainless Wear Ring & Front Engine Mount Replacement

Would like a cople of clarifications.

I'm upgrading to an SS wear ring, I have read that I should upgrade the front engine mount. As Jerry has a great deal on and it's a good investment anyway I decided to get the Pirana Parts unit from the store, Here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1645

Do I need to check my engine/ drive shaft allignment when replacing the front mount?? I Did find advice from Jerry here
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...gine-Alignment
    Stating that it was not required, but this may only apply to an OEM mount replacement!?

Thanks in advance, your advice is greatly apprectiated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    Would like a cople of clarifications.

I'm upgrading to an SS wear ring, I have read that I should upgrade the front engine mount. As Jerry has a great deal on and it's a good investment anyway I decided to get the Pirana Parts unit from the store, Here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1645

Do I need to check my engine/ drive shaft allignment when replacing the front mount?? I Did find advice from Jerry here
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...gine-Alignment
    Stating that it was not required, but this may only apply to an OEM mount replacement!?

Thanks in advance, your advice is greatly apprectiated.
    That mount is a great mount. IMO it's always best to check alignment when changing mounts. Although not required, it is still s good idea to check while you're there. It can't hurt to be sure. Also, in my experience, the SS wear ring is great. But I do a lot of river riding and have ingested a rock and my day was over. They are not as forgiving as the plastic ones but don't wear as bad or quickly either. You can also kill your prop in a hurry with one if you are not careful too. This is just my experience with it. Make your own choices. I feel it is easier to change the plastic one out than a new SS and possibly a prop or three. JMO. Others will chime in I'm sure.

+1
    Thanks MSRXP,

I already made my choice on the wear ring. I understand some may have had bad experiances but the fact that most other manufacturers have SS as standerd sells me.

Can you only check allignment with the tool? Or is there another way? I would assume much less acurate!

+1
    Your gonna need the tool to check it, SBT is the best place to get it for a good price. Small investment and you'll have the tool for future mods..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Your gonna need the tool to check it, SBT is the best place to get it for a good price. Small investment and you'll have the tool for future mods..

$150..... My investment in Seadoo Tools is starting to get outa control for at best a back yard hack!!!! I'm liking the look of their calendar alot but. I'd easily pay $150 for that!

+1
    I run a Piranha front mount ...I use to flog out the SS wear ring untill i fitted one ...

Also you will be surprised how far out the alignment is out from factory , fine if you run a carbon seal but NO good with a bearing system ...

Thread Information