Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what gauges would be good to have?

i'm going to be installing some gauges this winter, so besides an A/F gauge and boost gauge, what are the most important parameters to monitor? i'm used to fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp on my ATV. but i don't think water temp is going to be all that important since these don't use radiators that can get covered in mud. plus i don't think the fuel pumps in the skis fail like they do on the ATV's from dirt/mud/debris getting in the fuel tank and having a full time O2 sensor hooked up will show if there is a fuel delivery issue. as for oil temp, i haven't heard much of these motors overheating, but it is probably still something good to monitor. any thoughts or suggestions? trying to decide which gauge pod to go with from jlewis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i'm going to be installing some gauges this winter, so besides an A/F gauge and boost gauge, what are the most important parameters to monitor? i'm used to fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp on my ATV. but i don't think water temp is going to be all that important since these don't use radiators that can get covered in mud. plus i don't think the fuel pumps in the skis fail like they do on the ATV's from dirt/mud/debris getting in the fuel tank and having a full time O2 sensor hooked up will show if there is a fuel delivery issue. as for oil temp, i haven't heard much of these motors overheating, but it is probably still something good to monitor. any thoughts or suggestions? trying to decide which gauge pod to go with from jlewis.
    I wish I had them all hahaha. Cant never have to many guages! Possibly Engine Temp, Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure.

+1
    +1 with Ocman..

forsure a fuel pressure if your running an RRFPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    +1 with Ocman..

forsure a fuel pressure if your running an RRFPR.

ah, i hadn't even thought about using it for with a RRFPR. that'd be a good one to have when i get to the point where i need one. and i'm definitely of the school of thought that you can't have too many gauges, but there are the physical restraints of where to install them and how many just look funny.

Cool Gauges

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0176.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	223820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0178.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	223821

Try the Garmin GMI 10. You would be amazed at the data you will get from your Sea-Doo including boost pressure.

Sorry, the GMI 10 is on the right On the handle bar is a Garmin ZUMO 660(water proof) and on the left is the Garmin GPS Antenne.

+1
    Boost,Fuel pressure and water/oil temps....

+1
    Where abouts can you locate the sensor to hook up an oil temp gauge?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OTBT View Post

Name:	IMGP0176.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	223820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0178.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	223821

Try the Garmin GMI 10. You would be amazed at the data you will get from your Sea-Doo including boost pressure.
    Looks very neat! great find! It would be perfect if I just could hook this directly to my RXP ecu or my FZ Vipec...
    Can you pls explain how you connected it to your own ecu (pics please),
    Can you use stock sensors or did you have to install additional aem modules?
    Which readings exactly are you able to get?
    Thanks!

Gauges

Name:	NMEA 2000 Net Work.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	223909
    The pictured YAMAHA (SHO) I am only using the GARMIN GMI10 with a fuel sensor. I need to check to see if YAMAHA use NMEA 2000 to transmit data from the ECU. I actualy got the system for my Sea-Doo which is being re-built.

The Sea-Doos run NMEA 2000 and all you have to do is connect the end of T-Bar (picture) with a bear wire end cap. Then splice into the three wires running into the instrument panel.

I will have the YAMAHA tested in few days by a certified NMEA 2000 technician. I will let you know how it goes. I read about people using the data loggers whicgh are great for post ride analysis. But for real time data view the GARMIN is the BOMB

On the Sea Doo I plan to have two or three set up or one GMI 1o with a GPSMAP720 or GPSMAP 5208.
    Here is the link to the Garmin GMI 10 https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=288&pID=11625

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information