Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    406

    what gauges would be good to have?

    i'm going to be installing some gauges this winter, so besides an A/F gauge and boost gauge, what are the most important parameters to monitor? i'm used to fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp on my ATV. but i don't think water temp is going to be all that important since these don't use radiators that can get covered in mud. plus i don't think the fuel pumps in the skis fail like they do on the ATV's from dirt/mud/debris getting in the fuel tank and having a full time O2 sensor hooked up will show if there is a fuel delivery issue. as for oil temp, i haven't heard much of these motors overheating, but it is probably still something good to monitor. any thoughts or suggestions? trying to decide which gauge pod to go with from jlewis.


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i'm going to be installing some gauges this winter, so besides an A/F gauge and boost gauge, what are the most important parameters to monitor? i'm used to fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp on my ATV. but i don't think water temp is going to be all that important since these don't use radiators that can get covered in mud. plus i don't think the fuel pumps in the skis fail like they do on the ATV's from dirt/mud/debris getting in the fuel tank and having a full time O2 sensor hooked up will show if there is a fuel delivery issue. as for oil temp, i haven't heard much of these motors overheating, but it is probably still something good to monitor. any thoughts or suggestions? trying to decide which gauge pod to go with from jlewis.
    I wish I had them all hahaha. Cant never have to many guages! Possibly Engine Temp, Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure.

  3. #3
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    +1 with Ocman..

    forsure a fuel pressure if your running an RRFPR.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    +1 with Ocman..

    forsure a fuel pressure if your running an RRFPR.

    ah, i hadn't even thought about using it for with a RRFPR. that'd be a good one to have when i get to the point where i need one. and i'm definitely of the school of thought that you can't have too many gauges, but there are the physical restraints of where to install them and how many just look funny.

  5. #5

    Cool Gauges

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0176.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	223820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0178.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	223821

    Try the Garmin GMI 10. You would be amazed at the data you will get from your Sea-Doo including boost pressure.

  6. #6
    Sorry, the GMI 10 is on the right On the handle bar is a Garmin ZUMO 660(water proof) and on the left is the Garmin GPS Antenne.

  7. #7
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Boost,Fuel pressure and water/oil temps....

  8. #8
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Where abouts can you locate the sensor to hook up an oil temp gauge?

  9. #9
    PETRUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gulf of Thailand
    Posts
    362

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by OTBT View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0176.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	223820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0178.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	223821

    Try the Garmin GMI 10. You would be amazed at the data you will get from your Sea-Doo including boost pressure.
    Looks very neat! great find! It would be perfect if I just could hook this directly to my RXP ecu or my FZ Vipec...
    Can you pls explain how you connected it to your own ecu (pics please),
    Can you use stock sensors or did you have to install additional aem modules?
    Which readings exactly are you able to get?
    Thanks!

  10. #10

    Gauges

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NMEA 2000 Net Work.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	223909
    The pictured YAMAHA (SHO) I am only using the GARMIN GMI10 with a fuel sensor. I need to check to see if YAMAHA use NMEA 2000 to transmit data from the ECU. I actualy got the system for my Sea-Doo which is being re-built.

    The Sea-Doos run NMEA 2000 and all you have to do is connect the end of T-Bar (picture) with a bear wire end cap. Then splice into the three wires running into the instrument panel.

    I will have the YAMAHA tested in few days by a certified NMEA 2000 technician. I will let you know how it goes. I read about people using the data loggers whicgh are great for post ride analysis. But for real time data view the GARMIN is the BOMB

    On the Sea Doo I plan to have two or three set up or one GMI 1o with a GPSMAP720 or GPSMAP 5208.
    Here is the link to the Garmin GMI 10 https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=288&pID=11625

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What injectors would be best with RUDE 3 ?
    By j.dabrila in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 06:33 AM
  2. WTB RXP Road Cover Black would be good...
    By Karl Jackson in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
  3. What ski would you advice to a newbe who is looking for a reliable ski ?
    By RXP rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
  4. Who would be interested in having Hydrodrags at the next Mudbug?
    By Green Hulk in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •