Thread: FZR

FZR

I had a 2007 gp1300r , someone wanted it a little more then I did. So I was thinking to get another fzr how hard is it to get a fzr on a cart. IF it will be hard ,,, I have a cart for sell looks like new. 150 thanks

+1
    If your stand is close to the same height of your trailer it's actually not too bad. I do it all the time with my SHO by myself. I use liquid rollers on my bunk carpet which makes it MUCH easier to get off, but if you have bunk slides that'll make the job easier too.

Thanks, I cant make up my mind if I want a fzr or a seadoo does anyone have any in put..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gp 1300r View Post
    Thanks, I cant make up my mind if I want a fzr or a seadoo does anyone have any in put..
    That's a loaded question, depends on what type of ride your looking for. Also other things to consider; for example here in Florida you can still get a 5 year OEM warranty on Yamahas, but not on Sea-Doos to my knowledge.

I got a fzs, and had a gp1300r, Mostly like just playing around. We ride at the lake here and very little at the beach. Something fast and easier to work on. I thought about VXR, FZR, OR RXP-X 255 RXT- X 260 , any help

mayb after watching tis can make u think better

+1
    I got a fzs, and had a gp1300r, Mostly like just playing around. We ride at the lake here and very little at the beach. Something fast and easier to work on. I thought about VXR, FZR, OR RXP-X 255 RXT- X 260 , any help
    4 models? Those skis all have different strong points.
    Do you want to add major mods or keep it stock with a warranty.
    Do you plan on having passengers or towing? For example the RXP-X is a 2 seater unsuitable for pulling a tube or boarder. Stock VXR is going to top out at about 65 mph; the FZ's will kill you on that. Do some research and narrow it down to two models.

I am going to mod A little maybe a mod 2 . The fzs we have does all the towing. It will just be me on it . Some people have told me to stay away from seadoo , That the yamaha would stay together longer with less problems. I will get one about around may so got a little time. thank for the help

+1
    Well if you have an FZS then you are already familiar with the FZR; they are basically identical.

The others on your list are quite different. The RXT-X is huge; I tested it side by side with the FZR and in my opinion the RXT-X is better suited for offshore applications. To me it was just overkill for calm lake riding. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful ski and well-detailed; plus it carves like it's on rails. The water brake is cool and it works very well. But it's also got a lot of electronic bells and whistles that I didn't want; including a limiter and a goofy "sport mode" which you have to select each time you start it, in order to get top performance.

You might be a good candidate for the RXP-X since you're riding one up, but I think the Yamahas are going to be more durable in most cases; the rental industry has already proven that. Best thing to do is test ride them all before you make your decision.

Thread Information