+1

Wink guys my results and whats next

hi guys,took my 2005 1300r ski out saturday after all my mods came together and slapped the whole lot on in one go..., as follows 14/20 dyna spun at 7150..ppk..kerry ride plate..modded riva tabs modded 800 grate.stepped sponsons..hull work done..d plate..reed stuffers..air mods done..holes not filled but now will be as locking down as happy(jet works not fitted yet).. ran @sea leval.. half tank trim in netural added fuel to keep weight same.. 72.3 73.1 73.5 72.8 72.4 73.4 all done in 3-6 inch chop not superman..here is my worry loads of old e.f.i. units were going down i know i only here if the bad but R&D had to many returns and faults hence the new one out next month or so..ride in sea only so due to salt and wave jumping the old one was putting me off.. say the new one has all its problems irioned out what my next lot of mods and in what order cant always through loads at in one go,heads i know is a must to get my rpm's back to my stock prop spinning at 7260..do i modd the stock head or get riva heads can i pictch my prop out any more or has any one got one done they want to sell..e.f.i will be when new ones out (jerry)..reeds thats a worry also as dont want to be replacing cracked reeds due to waves and my abuse..3 degree key and power filter..sorry i went on but need your info and had to get all mine in there.. thanks in advance
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 11-05-2006 at 05:02 AM.

+1
    Good numbers

Are you running stock compression ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Good numbers

Are you running stock compression ?
    yes stock compression.. should i go riva heads or get stock heads worked.. stock to me must be stronger but put me right.. my thoughts are buy second hand heads in the states and get one of your guys to work and then ship to me in the uk..i dont know what spec to ask for so advice will be great..dont want it all out full blown so just upping the compression will be good to spin a prop better.

+1
    Salty,
    Go with modding your current head.
    As mentioned in another post by me, stock is better/stronger.
    Milling the oem 30 thou will give a nice bump in comp without going ott.(About 135-140psi)
    30 thou is about as far as you can go without changing the angle of squish. Up to 30 thou, you can just skim your head, and this will also keep the variable chamber sizes of the oem.
    Sticking, for example, Rivas head on will just give you 45cc on all chambers, and cylinder #3 might get too hot.
    Also, another point people forget.On the newer 1300's the anodes are in the head, not barrels. Going aftermarket and you loose all the galvanic protection, as the aftermarket ones don't have any fitted.
    Not a big problem in most areas, but it could cause aproblem over here in the U.K when riding in the ocean. (My boat anodes are eaten through after a good 3 months.)

If you can get good premium fuel over there, I would send the stock head to Lowell and have him bump the compression to 160psi.

+1
    Jim @ Performance does them also.

Thread Information