Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Haltech Platinum Sport 1000

Well Today I ordered my new ECU Im hoping that its going to be here before christmas, that will give me some time in the break to get it all wired up.

Im going to use this thread to show all the ins and outs of this part of my GP boat build.

Im going to be as open as I can with any info that I find as I go, I need to say a massive thankyou to Jason Robertson AKA Racejase on here as he is supplying me with all the kit I need and offering me support to get it loomed up and running. I will be respectfull of the fact that Jason does this for a living in NZ and so will not be passing on "secrets" of the trade that he may or may not pass onto me.

If any of you guys are looking at the standalone ECU route then Jason would be a good person to speak with, he has worked with the Autronics for the last few years along side some of the best in the industry and for some of the fastest racers in the world. He is very helpfull and knowledgeble, but as I said this is Jasons living so you have to be respectfull of that.

Jason has told me that Haltech are working on a plug and play setup for the seadoo platform, so that will be another option on the market in the future.

Now im really keen that this does'nt turn into a comparison thread for the differences between Haltech and the other standalone options on the market, I have gone with Haltech because they are cheaper and will do everything I need and more, I dont run a pro race team with a massive budget its just me and I do this for fun. As do most of you guys on here. By all means if anyone witha different ECU has info that is relevent and maybe helpfull to others then post up but I dont want any " this ECU does that or that ECU does this better" that is not the reason for this thread.

Im sure that the other ECUs all have features that make them stand above one and another but after extensive research and consultation with Jason I made the decision to go with this setup.

On the way to me I have the ECU and a short flying lead, a 3 channel ignitor that will fire the coils, a EGT monitoring kit and I will be using my LC1 to supply the ECU with a 5 volt signal that it will be able to use in closed loop lambda control and data logging so I can see what the motor has been doing.
    This means the ECU will be able to adjust the fueling by its self to meet a target AFR table and I will be able to overlay it with EGT and timing, injector duty ect ect. Which is key to being able tune the ECU to the motor.

The first Job is to strip the harness out of the boat and take everything out that is required and throw the rest in a corner somwhere lol.

Basicly Jason has told me that I will be using the whole engine harness, cut the plug off that normally plugs into the ECU and attach all the relevent wires to the Haltech harness, then there are some relays needed for the fuel pump and dess post and inline fuses for each circuit. He has told me its all very self explanitory once I have the Manual and wiring diagram for my ski.

The ECU is going to be housed up front in a PELE case where the MPEM used to sit, Im going to use some anti vibration mounts inside the box to hold the ECU so that its protected from some of the harshness of being inside the ski. The case is 100% waterproof and ill be using IP68 glands for the harness coming in and out.

That is one disadvantage of the Haltech being that it is not waterproof, They do have a marine ECU but its not PnP for the 4Tec yet.

I will be taking pics along tha way as they make it easyer to explain, Im hoping that this will be usefull to a few people as there is not a massive amount of info out there on any of the standalone ECUs that are availible although the MoTec section seems to be building up slowly.

At first Im not going to have any gauges except my AF gausge from the LC1 which is prob the most important one to watch all the time, I can look at everything else in the log. I may end up with a RacePak dash which is just like the Motec dash except i will have to come up with some sort of waterproof enclosure for it.

Sorry for my Essay but I wanted to lay it all down in one opening post, Hope yall enjoy watching. R88
    Last edited by R88ory RXP; 12-15-2010 at 03:25 AM.

alright.......sounds like a lot of work man. I will be glued to this thread as you progress. also keep the pics coming...

+1
    Very interested in your progress..

Did you ordered the Marine one??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    Did you ordered the Marine one??
    No its not yet availible, I have no clue when it will be done and dont have any other info other then that they are working onit. R88

Who told that, I own Marine one and I'll test it in next couple weeks
    I can send some pic if you want

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    alright.......sounds like a lot of work man. I will be glued to this thread as you progress. also keep the pics coming...
    Yes im sure it will be a lot of work but im sure that I will get the results in time and to be honest in some respects it will pay for its self as I will be able to tailor the mapping to any changes or mods I do rather then having to send the ECU to be RE re-mapped.

Im also really interested in the whole engine tuning side of things and so want the ability to be able to change the timming and fueling and see what effects it has, and to be able to pull the log out and lay all the perameters over one and other to see how things are effected each other is what im really after. I also have some trick ideas up my sleve for telemetary so I can see what the engine is doing during a race. F1 style!!! LOL

Then ill play with launch control, im going to be building the motor up with the riva 9.5 pistons as well so ill be able to reflect on what had to be changed to suit them.

Then one day if I ever go with turbo i will play with the anti lag..

R88

+1
    I'm definitely keeping a close eye on this thread, sane route I'm going.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    Who told that, I own Marine one and I'll test it in next couple weeks
    I can send some pic if you want
    Sorry maybe I didnt make my self clear the setup for seadoo is not availible, as in plug and play. Im not to worried about having the marine ECU as im putting it it a nice PELE case upfront out the way. I know that they have done one that is coated for the marine environment but to be honest I would still be concerned about the sockets corroding in the side of the ECU ect ect, just prefere the idea of it being sealed up in a case thats all. R88

Guys
    I have some tips for you from a Motec tuner and he is friend of me
    You can keep your OE ECU as a Piggy Back so you can run all function from your ski
    and just get a wiring loop and connect it to injectors and coils

Try this link for the loom cuz motec and haltech use same harness and connectors

http://www.m-cal.com/Products/list/P...-Wiring-Looms/

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information