thanks for the 2010 15f info

just wanted to say thanks to all the posted on the 15f mods. i ended up with the shred master ride plate, solas 14/20, 06 waterbox and outlet, freeflow f/a, semi ramjet air induction, worx sponsons. full tank 63.4 gps, 1/4 tank 65.7 in moderate chop and the engine only has 16 hours...maybe a little more to grow. the handling is superior to the oem setup, like a slot car even in the rough water, no bunny hopping.

i did have one small problem in that i didnt research enough about the solas billet nose cone, i used it and it didnt stay in place. in fact it ended up just behind the thru hull fitting, tried for about 30 minutes with coat hangers with no success. ended up cutting an 8" piece of 3/4" pvc conduit, putting gorilla glue on the end of it and slid it over the driveshaft and stuck it to the back of the nose cone and let it sit for 30minutes, turned it counterclockwise and removed it with out fan fair.

thanks again for posting your experiences on what works.

bandm hx

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    just to be sure, you are talking about the nose cone for the impeller correct?

Sean

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, what he said ^ ! Nose cone protects bearings from water. It is water tight. It sounds like this was inside of ski?

Happy Holidays to you Sean and hope all is well.

+1
    Send your heads off to get milled to bump the compression or buy aftermarket, otherwise you are good to go!

I hate to say it, but you probably would be wise to pull the pump back off and put the stock cone back on, the billet one is junk and will slide like what you have seen.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    Send your heads off to get milled to bump the compression or buy aftermarket.
    the 15f is a 4 stroke, no one makes heads for it.

you can take the small base shim out from underneath the cylinder jugs though, if i remember right its good for 10.8 or 10.9 to 1 compression. that is up from the 10.6 stock.

Sean

yea, it was the impeller nose cone, what a pos. i ended up using the seadoo oem two piece nose cone/boot and it fit perfectly with the solas impeller. the intent of the build was to have a stock motor running stock rpms for reliability purposes. i have been wrenching on ss and frankenstiens for the last 10 years...i am tired of wrenching.
    fyi-when i pulled the old impeller out of the pump had about 5 tbs of water in it, not exactly sure where the water came in. the seals appear to be intact, so i did the wet pump mod and siliconed the cone and plug back into place. after about 5 hours i will do a look see at that point. hopefully the setup will last years, but i mean really where can you get a new 65mph jetski for 9300.00, wow. thanks again.

Thread Information