Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527

    Question Dyna-fly props for sho.fzr/fzs

    I know that Solas makes three different props for the sho/fzr/fzs skis there is a Solas ysdf 14/21,ysdf 15/22 and a Riva version 13/22R my understanding the the two from solas has a different root angle than the Riva one . I know several forum members have used the Riva one including me but I have not came across any reports of how the Solas ones work. I think some of the guys outside of the USA have used the ones from Solas and maby they can provide some more information on how they perform . I saw one post where a guy had a scat 13/26 and switched to a Solas 15/22 and said his rpms were less with the 15/22 Solas than with the scat 13/25. If this information is correct it leads me to belive the Solas 15/22 has a much higher root angle than the Riva Dynafly. Maby some one can share there test info on the Solas dyna fly VS the Riva Dynafly. I am shur these props are not the same! Check out these links http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...20-solas-15-22 and http://islandracingperformance.com/f...ead.php?t=1238 Tommy Jordan


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    I think Jerry and I both used a Solas 15/22 and the keyword was cavitation. I know Jerry would have tweaked his, but I am almost certain that as with mine that impeller is long gone now. Not to mention he is using a larger pump as well AFAIK.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    862
    +1
    19
    i tried the solas and had loads of hole shot cavitation, changed to 13/23 skat and had zero hole shot cavitation. that was also with only minor mods.

  4. #4
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,798
    +1
    2,011
    You're right Tommy, the 15/22 has a much taller root angle than the 13/22R(see pic). I never tested my 15/22(Impros trued & blueprinted) against the Riva DF, but it was a solid 2mph faster than a Skat 13/24 at the same rpm(stock nozzle, stock ECU @ 7700).

    It was too tall for my setup after going to the R2...wasn't able to get more than 7950 with a 85mm ring & C1, but I will be testing it again in the next month with a bigger boost wheel. For shitz-n-giggles I tried it with a 81mm ring & it actually made the SHO bog out in the mid-range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	223984  

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I think Jerry and I both used a Solas 15/22 and the keyword was cavitation. I know Jerry would have tweaked his, but I am almost certain that as with mine that impeller is long gone now. Not to mention he is using a larger pump as well AFAIK.
    Are you 100% certain it was not the Riva dyna-fly one there is a differance ?????????????????

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Are you 100% certain it was not the Riva dyna-fly one there is a differance ?????????????????
    Absolutely certain mine was not the Riva. I tested the Solas Dynafly before Riva had theirs available. My results were the same as razzies. Lots of cavitation. The Skat impeller was also faster than the Solas just as Mark has seen with his testing.

  7. #7
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    jerry didnt you have the gpr 14/20 dynafly drilled and tapped for the FZ shaft and repitched to 15/22 ??

  8. #8
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Personally, I have had a lot of success with my skat swirl prop.

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    jerry didnt you have the gpr 14/20 dynafly drilled and tapped for the FZ shaft and repitched to 15/22 ??
    Yes, even before Solas released impellers for the FZ/SHO I had a dynafly 14/20 drilled/tapped for the FZ shaft. I tried many different pitch variations with limited success. Later once Solas released the 15/22 I tried it with less than desirable results. I have never tried the Solas 13/22R as it's not near enough pitch for my setup. My best results have always been with the Skat impellers. I have also tried the long blade cut back impellers, but had better results with the regular swirl.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, even before Solas released impellers for the FZ/SHO I had a dynafly 14/20 drilled/tapped for the FZ shaft. I tried many different pitch variations with limited success. Later once Solas released the 15/22 I tried it with less than desirable results. I have never tried the Solas 13/22R as it's not near enough pitch for my setup. My best results have always been with the Skat impellers. I have also tried the long blade cut back impellers, but had better results with the regular swirl.
    When you went away from the dyna-fly to the scat prop you also went with the 160mm prop/wear ring at the same time correct? Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Solas coming out with new prop for sho/fzr/fzs
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2017, 10:01 PM
  2. FS SOLD-SOLD-SOLD Rare 4 blade scat 160 mm prop for sho, fzr,fzs pump
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 11:28 AM
  3. WTB skat strack prop for SHO - FZR - FZS
    By 305coco in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  4. FS DYNAFLY YSDF 15/22 for SHO-FZR-FZS
    By JIM'S PERFORMANCE in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
  5. Correct Prop Pitch for sho/fzr/fzs
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •