Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rxp custom heavy duty valves

I was wondering if there Is a way to maybe find the valve spring specs of rivas spring kit and see if an engine shop can cross over on some type car valve or if they can make some. Seems like big $$ for rivas spring kit...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt-dog View Post
    I was wondering if there Is a way to maybe find the valve spring specs of rivas spring kit and see if an engine shop can cross over on some type car valve or if they can make some. Seems like big $$ for rivas spring kit...
    Not sure on the specs but I will say this all Riva products are worth every penny. Don't forget to use the GREENHULK coupon code and receive 10% off all Riva and R&D products in the online store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt-dog View Post
    Rivas kit is made by Ferrah, I doubt that you will get a performance based kit for less money, The springs are not esspecially special its the retainers as they are designed for our engine, If cost in an issue the get a set of the Les Cooke retainers, they will do the smae job so ,ong as your stock springs dont have 2many hours on them. R88

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    I have a set of springs in riva specs.A shop make them,I give them the riva and they "copy" it.
    This is for stock retainers or les cooke retainer!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Rivas kit is made by Ferrah, I doubt that you will get a performance based kit for less money, The springs are not esspecially special its the retainers as they are designed for our engine, If cost in an issue the get a set of the Les Cooke retainers, they will do the smae job so ,ong as your stock springs dont have 2many hours on them. R88

I though it was FERREA not FERRAH
    http://www.ferrea.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I though it was FERREA not FERRAH
    http://www.ferrea.com/
    Yeh my bad lol, I always write it that way for sum dumbass reason, It wrong in my sig as well lol. R88

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    yeah I didnt think ferrah was the european version. lol

+1
    Trust me, ive tired this with several of my valvetrain dealers. The problem is, there is only a few people that actualy *MAKE* springs, the rest of the people (manley,Supertech,SI,etc) just buy them from the manufacture. Ferrea realized this and thats why they charge $599 for springs and retainers. I could build 2 4cylinder heads for that cost and im using 16 vs 12.

+1
    there actually is a car that uses the same springs we do. only thing is you have to by 24 springs and retainers. but its 599 for them. so your actually getting 2 sets for the price of 1. they are made by supertech for a vw r32. i been running in my ski for more then 100 hrs with 9200rpm ecu and no probs. spring pressure is 95 psi. think rivas are around 90. stock is 60. so much of our engine is like a vw or porsche. many parts are interchangable

Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    there actually is a car that uses the same springs we do. only thing is you have to by 24 springs and retainers. but its 599 for them. so your actually getting 2 sets for the price of 1. they are made by supertech for a vw r32. i been running in my ski for more then 100 hrs with 9200rpm ecu and no probs. spring pressure is 95 psi. think rivas are around 90. stock is 60. so much of our engine is like a vw or porsche. many parts are interchangable
    Interesting....and i wonder why ive never read this in here before. Is this a "secret" or a well known fact here in greenhulk??

Also, Ive forever read threads discussing Les Cooke retainers and how good they are etc etc..... But why in the hell after a few years on this website, do i not know where i could purchase them and for how much???

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information