Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Newbie looking for some advice

Hello everyone. I have been lurking this site for awhile now and simply love it. So much great info. I have passed it on to friends and they feel the same way. I will also say that i like this site better than another PWC site that i have been a member of for a while. It seems more informative and a little bit less ass-hatery Anyways....

I figured i'd ask you experts around here what you think about a 2009 FX SHO(new) thats listing at $10,000.00

I have rented skis and rode a lot of friends skis a lot of times and am just about ready to pull the trigger on one myself. I have done tons of research on the different brands, models, and applications. I am set on getting a waverunner. I know that the FX SHO will fit my needs perfectly. Now its just finding a good deal on one in my area. I live right next to Portland, OR. in Washington state.

The one im seeing that i like is here:
    http://www.hinshawsmotorcyclestore.c...54&pov=1771305

Its one of the cheapest new skis ive seen, but i would have to drive just over one hundred miles to go get it. I dont mind if its the best deal i can get.

Do most new skis come with a trailer? I know im going to have to pay "dealer fees" and whatnot, but i am going to go into a place with cash in full. So that should give me an edge during the "negotiations"

What do you all think? And thanks for your time!

+1
    I think that is a great deal. Absolutely love my SHO. Trailer will definitely be extra. Hopefully that $10,000 is the "out the door" pice and includes setup/fraight or whatever other fees the dealer tries to throw in.

+1
    Welcome to GH

pull the trigger on that deal and you wont look back

+1
    I agree with Hitman....$10,000 should be OTD price.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    I agree with Hitman....$10,000 should be OTD price.
    My god you boyz in the USA dont half want your pound of flesh in the deal....

We would be camped outside the dealers door for that price without trailer

keep us posted xrunner

+1
    I would think that $10,000 OTD with trailer would be a good deal too. However, remember one thing, once you sign on the dotted line, it's a 2 year old boat and take into consideration the used value.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I would think that $10,000 OTD with trailer would be a good deal too. However, remember one thing, once you sign on the dotted line, it's a 2 year old boat and take into consideration the used value.
    true !! this would only worry me if the model was changing the next year and i feel would reflect more in the second hand price

+1
    The 10,000 + TT sounds about right. Call every dealer in the area and get an OTD quote that includes tax and title. There were surprisingly a lot of leftover FZR's and FZS's when I was searching, so I'm sure SHO's are to be found too. Let the dealer you are currently talking to know the best price you've got so far and they will budge a lot easier over the phone. Almost all of them I talked to had to "see what they could do" and had to call me back later.

You can save a lot on the trailer buy picking up a good used one. They go for around $300 here.

Good luck! You will love the new Yamaha.

+1
    $10,000 for just the boat is a good price. I doubt they'd throw in a trailer for that price, unless they have a used one that came in on trade. It's worth a try, though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    No 10k is very fair WITHOUT a trailer. A nice trailer will run him about another 900 bucks or more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information