Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 rxp cavitation

Alright, now that its winter here in michigan and there is ice flows going down the river, im not riding for a few months,im gonna build the machine sick mcnasty, but i need to fix the problem, just a second delay when I get in it of cavitation. its got a new wear ring and impeller. I need to know what else would cause cavitation, im thinking the carbon seal, any other ideas?, and if someone knows what the plugs everyone runs in the rxp, i think its iradiums 27's or 24's or something? any information would be great, let me know

+1
    if your wear ring is good it could be your carbon ring etc. I tried the iridiums but they did foul out eventually (6 hours) as others mentioned so I swapped back to the stock ngk dcpr8e.

+1
    Check these out when you are cavitating:

Carbon seal: You will notice some water in your hull and a vertical line on your hull.
    Accordian boot: After a certain amount of hours the boot starts to weaken and needs replacing.
    Engine mounts: When they go bad they make the engine get unalligned which can also cause cavitation.

I think the stock spark plugs are: DCPR8E (The ones with the screw off caps)

im not getting any water or a vertical line so that rules out the carbon seal? it could be the accordian boot, i looked at all the reciepts and there was never one of them replaced, and how would you check the motor mounts?, and the plugs, i just heard there was better plugs then the stock ones but if there just gonna foul out it isnt worth it to replce them bc there brand new anyway

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_7238 View Post
    im not getting any water or a vertical line so that rules out the carbon seal? it could be the accordian boot, i looked at all the reciepts and there was never one of them replaced, and how would you check the motor mounts?, and the plugs, i just heard there was better plugs then the stock ones but if there just gonna foul out it isnt worth it to replce them bc there brand new anyway
    The accordian boot defintely should be looked at around 100 hours or so. Specially if it's an 04/05(Guessing from your pic)
    To check your motor mounts you will need someone to help you try to lift your motor as much as they can and the feel around the motor mounts for any tears or abnormalities.

I hear lots running the stock plugs even with big chargers without any issues so i'd say they should be fine.

yeah its a 2004 215, ill probably keep stock plugs then, illl check the mounts, and replace the boot, but for the cavitation ill probably have to wait for spring to really check the progress,but im in the middle of tearing the machine all down, and gonna try and build it to do 80's atleast on the gps, the machine is bone stock, what would the first thing to do to it to really build around, i was thinking of a mini rude charger with some 42s so I could always put a 2 or a 3 rude in it. but im trying to think of everything else im gonna need like pipe, cold air intake, impeller, intake grate, the kit to get rid of the dumb little steering flapper thingys. I have alot of choices and hours working on it comming up ahead of me

+1
    You should also change out your valves while you are at it. 04/05 valves are hollow and are known to fail. That will get really messy if it happens.

If it was me I'd do the followingAbout a $2500 budget)

X Charger($500 Used)
    Les Cooke ECU($750 Used)
    9.5 Compression pistons(Rivas, CP's your choice)($750 New)
    Riva Rideplate($250 New)
    And the other $250+ - in misc stuff..I'm missing a couple things but those are the main things I'd do.

Good luck!

Im not to big on the pistons deal, I wouldnt know how to put something like that in, and im trying to keep it pretty reliable, when I ride its a far distance

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_7238 View Post
    Im not to big on the pistons deal, I wouldnt know how to put something like that in, and im trying to keep it pretty reliable, when I ride its a far distance
    Ok, then spend that money on something else. 9.5's are reliable as long as you tune it correctly. Bigger supercharger or something.

+1
    reliable 80 mph rxp...
    4 in intake
    x charger
    xs/ fizzle external ic/ riva external ic Kit...
    riva valvetrain/ les cooke retainers...
    rear exit exhaust/ after market water box...
    RE/ Riva opas block offs...
    Riva/ les cooke ecu
    50lbs injectors...
    riva/homemade catch can...
    new accordian boot
    15/20 4 blade.
    thats the basic's to a 100% safe daily rec ski...
    But i would also recomend 06+ valves...(i need to do this myself)
    and updating flywheel bolts...
    i can personaly vouche for this set up and how nice it rides! The nicest thing is not worrying about a/f's and RRFPR's....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information