2008 Sea Doo RXP-X Depth Gauge Options

I see in the parts catalog that the Sea Doo factory depth gauge works on RXT and GXT models.

Do these also work with RXP models? It seems like the display has the ability to display it and I'd prefer the OEM option if possible.

I searched and read through dozens of threads and it seems there is a lot of conflicting information - I'm as confused as when I started.

I've read that the factory depth gauge will work and also that it won't - I just want to know for sure and if the OEM route isn't an option what the best choice is out there. It seems the Norcross depth finder was the favorite it that still the case?

If so can someone post a picture of what the gauge for it looks like? I didn't see it in any of the posts I read.

I am looking into the same thing. do you know if the 08 rxp harness has a plugin for the depth finder? i am putting my 08 gtx limited engine and wiring with depth finder in a 04 rxp hull and i have to change all the harnesses (except engine) to have the vts and have the factory guage meter. i am afraid i might have to give up the nice factory depth finder unless there is a plug in on the rxp harness.

+1
    I installed the oem depth finder in my TX. The instructions that came with it also showed it being installed in a RXP/RXPX. The wiring harness plugs into the factory fuse box. I hate messing with electronics and I dont feel like it was to difficult. hth

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I installed the oem depth finder in my TX. The instructions that came with it also showed it being installed in a RXP/RXPX. The wiring harness plugs into the factory fuse box. I hate messing with electronics and I dont feel like it was to difficult. hth
    Great! do you still have the instructions? i would love to know how to tie it in to the fuse box. heck, i would even buy the instructions from you.

I have a depth finder assembly I will sell you for $75 shipped from a 2006 GTX Limited. You will have to make the middle harness section, as that was part of the harness in that model. Comes with items pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3504 (Large).JPG 
Views:	470 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	224300  

+1

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Thanks!!

Thread Information