Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZR impellers, pitches and advice please

Ok.

There’s 2 of us with FZR's with various levels of mods.
    We all race CC.

Alot of mixed reports on what sort of pitch, twin prop vs single so so...

So you tell me.

2010 FZR - Sponsons, ride plate, intake grate, pump seal etc has been done. Engine and pump is stock, currently has a Solas Dynafly 14/21 impeller and we get 68.1 @7600 saltwater calm conditions 3/4 tank of fuel.

What i want to know is what impeller would be best suited to get the rpms up, speed up, pulling power up and also an idea of what sort of speeds I should expect. its all about the holeshot but i would have anticipated a greater top end speed than this. I think the 14/21 might be pulling the rpms down but in saying that i may not be losing much performance because of it. Ive been told to am for 8200-8500 rpm's?
    Im not convinced my mate Steve on the other ski with a R2 reflash is really going to do much better. he has the same impeller.

other ski is the same but with R2 reflash.. Same question.

Churs

Let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnz View Post
    Ok.

There?s 2 of us with FZR's with various levels of mods.
    We all race CC.

Alot of mixed reports on what sort of pitch, twin prop vs single so so...

So you tell me.

2010 FZR - Sponsons, ride plate, intake grate, pump seal etc has been done. Engine and pump is stock, currently has a Solas Dynafly 14/21 impeller and we get 68.1 @7600 saltwater calm conditions 3/4 tank of fuel.

What i want to know is what impeller would be best suited to get the rpms up, speed up, pulling power up and also an idea of what sort of speeds I should expect. its all about the holeshot but i would have anticipated a greater top end speed than this. I think the 14/21 might be pulling the rpms down but in saying that i may not be losing much performance because of it. Ive been told to am for 8200-8500 rpm's?
    Im not convinced my mate Steve on the other ski with a R2 reflash is really going to do much better. he has the same impeller.

other ski is the same but with R2 reflash.. Same question.

Churs

Let me know.
    first off nice avatar...........
    second what s.c. wheel and i.c. are you using?
    i was running a c3/r2 with a jd1 ic.
    my prop was a skat regular swirl 14/23.
    my top speed was 78 to 79 consistant.with peaks at 81.3
    i had to use alot of throttle control on the starts and in the turns. i wish i had the twin prop. but, that is how i am going in 2011. with a c5 wheel.
    especially with the regular skat i had a ton of cavitation. but, once going 20+mph i had very little cavitation.
    if you are running the r2 file. definetly go with a twin prop. i think it will be dollars well spent.
    also i would use a 83mm exit nozzle ring to help control the cavitation and my rpms.
    my rpms i would have it setup to hit 8400 to 8550.
    if i would of been running a twin prop i would think i could punch it off the line with very little if any cavitation.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    first off nice avatar...........
    second what s.c. wheel and i.c. are you using?
    i was running a c3/r2 with a jd1 ic.
    my prop was a skat regular swirl 14/23.
    my top speed was 78 to 79 consistant.with peaks at 81.3
    i had to use alot of throttle control on the starts and in the turns. i wish i had the twin prop. but, that is how i am going in 2011. with a c5 wheel.
    especially with the regular skat i had a ton of cavitation. but, once going 20+mph i had very little cavitation.
    if you are running the r2 file. definetly go with a twin prop. i think it will be dollars well spent.
    also i would use a 83mm exit nozzle ring to help control the cavitation and my rpms.
    my rpms i would have it setup to hit 8400 to 8550.
    if i would of been running a twin prop i would think i could punch it off the line with very little if any cavitation.

Cheers.

To answer your question.

Everything will be stock one ski - Q: Whats the best pitch impeller/type
    the other ski is stock with an R2 and manifold intake - Q: Whats the best impeller

+1
    Cheers.

To answer your question.

Everything will be stock one ski - Q: Whats the best pitch impeller/type
    the other ski is stock with an R2 and manifold intake - Q: Whats the best impeller
    Stock prop is the best for a stock boat. You could go with a 12/19 skat but personally I'd keep the prop stock if the boat is stock.

Here's my results on a stage1 fzr http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...er=&highlight=

Sounds good, I was hoping to make the 14/21 solas dynafly work that I currently have. I may do reflashes etc in the future but from what I have been reading a 14/21 is a good CC racing ratio for starters...Do you think so?
    I think the 14/21 with a R2 reflash will be fine/

I was just thinking at 68.1 7600rpm i was leaving some speed on the table and the pitch was to high for a stock boat?

churs

+1
    If your racing cc than you'll want a skat, not a solas because the skats have better holeshot and less cavitation.

I doubt your really leaving any speed on the table with the stock prop. 68.1 is spot on for the stock ski. Also, what are you using to measure your rpms? Because you will need a tiny tach or pet tach if you want to get accurate rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    If your racing cc than you'll want a skat, not a solas because the skats have better holeshot and less cavitation.

I doubt your really leaving any speed on the table with the stock prop. 68.1 is spot on for the stock ski. Also, what are you using to measure your rpms? Because you will need a tiny tach or pet tach if you want to get accurate rpms.
    a 14/21 Skat mike?

what about these twin impellers?

+1
    a 14/21 Skat mike?

what about these twin impellers?
    Not exactly.... skat props and solas props have different blade designs so a 14/21 solas is not the same as a 14/21 skat. Like I said before, if the ski is stock I would keep the prop stock as well.

Twin props are for very modded skis because they require a lot of horsepower. You will need a R3 or equivalent.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Not exactly.... skat props and solas props have different blade designs so a 14/21 solas is not the same as a 14/21 skat. Like I said before, if the ski is stock I would keep the prop stock as well.

Twin props are for very modded skis because they require a lot of horsepower. You will need a R3 or equivalent.
    I know thats a common idea. BUT
    simply not true they require no more horse power than a regular prop and can be pitched on the tail for rpm.
    this is from experience not hear say.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I know thats a common idea. BUT
    simply not true they require no more horse power than a regular prop and can be pitched on the tail for rpm.
    this is from experience not hear say.
    Dont get me wrong, I completely agree, but it will take a person who has been pitching props a long time to dial in a twin prop IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information