Thread: 250X question

250X question

What is the full part number of the CR9EIX spark plug that includes the screw on cap?

Also I have found my ski hard to start when sat in the water for a short while after i switch the engine off. The ski will start on the touch of the button from cold on the trailer and when I first launch, but say if I have a run 20-30 mins and shut down for 5-10 mins, when I restart the ski will turn for a bit and some times feels it only fires on 2/3 pots for 2-4 second (blip the throttle clears it). I am nervous of it not starting full stop and leaving me stranded.

I do run the ski down after a extened cruise or WOT blat to let everything return to coller running temps.

My ski is 08 model with about 35hrs on it, I did fit the above plugs at 10hrs and this did seem to help abit.

any ideas???

The Plug you are referring to is an NGK CR9EIX . . . so that's the number you need (all you need to know). To restart the boat (anywhere, anytime, cold or hot) do not give it any throttle. Just hit the start button. That's what works for me. Upgrade to 2010 Pump bearing set up (if you have not done that already)!

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Ditto what John says. But if it will not start take the seat off for 2 minutes then try. It'll start.

Thanks for the plug info.

I always start by just holding the button and no gas, but in the above instance it sometimes feels as though it wont start i.e crank the engine over 4-7 seconds before it fires and when it does it runs very lumpy. At this lumpy point I find a squirt on the gas clears it and it runs fine.

I will upgrade to the 2010 pump shaft and extra bearing after my warranty runs out (June 11), annoyed with the warranty as it goes cos I went to get the extra 2 year cover from Qwak Feb this year and they have stopped doing it as of Dec 31st 2009, If I had know that then I would have taken the extended warranty before then. It seems as thought they quietly let that date pass without informing existing customers know.....???

Just checked and I'm using CR9EK, this plug appears to have to probs (which I like) but no cap, before I removed the caps from my old plugs but I would like to buy these with caps.

Whixh plug is better???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NGK-CR9EK-SPAR...07117087530071

+1
    Some of the plug wires will not accept the caps, Better check to see if yours is one of them, The stock wires I have seen hold on to the threaded end of the plug. The caps are for the bikes with the standard end on the plug wire.

Regardless of your Warranty situation, I would still do the Pump Upgrade anyway (and sooner than later). It is relatively cheap and easy to do (for someone with the right tools and know how). If your Pump bearing goes out it will likely take the engine with it.

Mine did have caps, as I removed them from the old plugs to fit to new ones last time round. I took my plugs out today and #4 was very tight to wind out, will be putting some anti seize on threads when I refit new ones.

I have been looking at the pump upgrade and think I can turn abit off the original shaft as my dad is a sheet metal worker with cnc lathe at his work shop.

What plugs are better CR9EK or CR9EIX???

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    Mine did have caps, as I removed them from the old plugs to fit to new ones last time round. I took my plugs out today and #4 was very tight to wind out, will be putting some anti seize on threads when I refit new ones.

I have been looking at the pump upgrade and think I can turn abit off the original shaft as my dad is a sheet metal worker with cnc lathe at his work shop.

What plugs are better CR9EK or CR9EIX???
    Why was your plug tight to undo

didnt you just put new ones in a short time ago

WHY DIDNT YOU USE ANTI-SIEZE BACK THEN...........
    People People when will u learn.............

I had the original pklugs when I brought the ski at 3 months old and 6hrs on the clock, at about 10hrs I replaced the plugs as it really was hard to start in the conditions I mentioned at the start of thread. Now the ski has 35 hrs on it and I want to fit a foggong point for the SC and replace the now 25hr old plugs.

I did not know there was an issue with plugs getting stuck on these ski's until I come on here and yes it was wired as to why my #4 plug was very tight to get out as I fitted them all the same way. wind in till they bite, then just alittle nip to crush the washer. Plugs 1,2 & 3 came out with very little effort. The only thing I can think of is plug 4 at the back is genrally the lowwest plug, nose up when you ride and when sat on the trailer, maybe contributed to my little issue???

I have not fitted new plugs justa squirt of fogging oil in each pot and covered each plug hole with aliitle rag. At the moment I am not sure what plug to fit??

CR9EK or CR9EIX???

Thread Information