Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Intercooler Upgrade for RXP-X?

Hey Guys,

Would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded there Rxp-x intercooler and what performance increase they saw!

Thank in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    Hey Guys,

Would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded there Rxp-x intercooler and what performance increase they saw!

Thank in advance.
    I got the Les cooke intercooler, but couldn't tell you about the increase as i did it all in one go.

does les have his intercooler advertised anywhere, last time i was at his site i didnt see it?

+1
    I recently did the Riva relocator kit like seen here in the store... http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=935 and am overly pleased with the kit. It makes everything so much cleaner and the fit and finish is exceptional. As far as performance increase, I can't say for sure being I did it with a Riva shorty box at the same time. The ski definitely picked up with both items installed. It was a gain of close to, if not one full mph. As many will tell you, the cleanliness of the inside of the hull compared to the stock configuration alone is worth the upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relo.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	224328  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thank in advance.
    Hi,

This kit can be used as a complete replacement to the RXP-X intercooler system. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983 It's like "2 in 1" because it relocates the intercooler and you can sell your stock setup to recoup the costs if you'd like to.
    With this intercooler there is a lot less of a chance to experience the swelling that most complain about when running high boost through the X intercooler.

+1
    It's hard to beat your kit for the $. The main reason I went w/ the Riva is because I found a kit used. Like you mentioned, you can recoop ALOT of your investment getting your kit by selling the stock X intercooler. They bring pretty good $.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Hi,

This kit can be used as a complete replacement to the RXP-X intercooler system. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983 It's like "2 in 1" because it relocates the intercooler and you can sell your stock setup to recoup the costs if you'd like to.
    With this intercooler there is a lot less of a chance to experience the swelling that most complain about when running high boost through the X intercooler.

+1
    No offense at all, but the XS IC is no upgradefrom a Stock X IC. The Stock X IC is far superior and as far as swelling If you do not want to take the time to install a propper set up then you may have swelling, but if you stay stock cooling or do the correct openloop cooling you will never have one issue.

The XS IC is for sure a relocation IC, but IMO no upgrade at all. You are going backwards.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    No offense at all, but the XS IC is no upgradefrom a Stock X IC. The Stock X IC is far superior and as far as swelling If you do not want to take the time to install a propper set up then you may have swelling, but if you stay stock cooling or do the correct openloop cooling you will never have one issue.

The XS IC is for sure a relocation IC, but IMO no upgrade at all. You are going backwards.
    I know many people who have had swelling problems and these aren't people who don't know what they're doing. $700+ to relocate the intercooler and run open loop, or $480 less the sale of the stock IC to relocate the intercooler is all I was getting at. I won't get into details on who runs what and how fast. I'll leave it there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I know many people who have had swelling problems and these aren't people who don't know what they're doing. $700+ to relocate the intercooler and run open loop, or $480 less the sale of the stock IC to relocate the intercooler is all I was getting at. I won't get into details on who runs what and how fast. I'll leave it there.
    Stop getting deffensive, about your kit. It is a good relocation kit as I said. NO doubt, but Run that IC with a RUde2 for a solid 30-45 mins and then redo it with a Stock X IC and see the difference for your self.

Like I said the XS is a good kit for a relocation set up, but does not perform in the LONG runs.

James all I am saying is for his best set up is a Stock X IC he has and a Riva relocation kit is the best way.

Both IC have there place. I have used them both, because for most people they love the budget IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post

Unfortunately I found out the hard way, the reason for this post is when I changed my intercooler to a relocated xs I dropped approx 300 rpm. I checked all my fittings and hoses for possible boost leaks and also done the bleed mod using the same size outlet as the stock bleed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information