Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

ok to bring a ski in for warranty service while it is winter?

as most of you know, the blower locked up on my 260. the ski has been sitting in my heated shop since this happened. i want to bring it out to LI kawi so they can start fixing it. should i take pics or anything to prove that it has been stored inside where it wasnt freezing till i brought it to them?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    why didnt you take it in when it seized? you can still winterize it if the blower is seized.... its not different than winterizing one with a snapped belt. trust me i know this first hand.

+1
    What happened was my friend broke the hood off, so it sat for like over a month while I waited to get the parts from Kawasaki. Then when I get it all put back together and go to fire it up it's locked up, so I just stuck it inside and used my wave venture for the rest of the season. What winterizing can I do if the motor won't spin? Or should I just bring it to kawi and let them deal with it?

+1
    is the motor seized or is it the supercharger or it both. if the belt is still in tact you should be able to loosen the tensioner enough to slip the belt off and run the motor in a n/a format in order to circulate the anti freeze through the cooling system. i snapped my belt towards the end of the season two season ago. i winterized the ski this way.

if the boat won't fire because the engine is locked up you have a completely different set of issues to worry about.

+1
    I am pretty sure it is the blower, but am I better off bringing it in to let them so it at the dealer? With the amount of problems I have had with this thing I don't want to have warranty problems now

+1
    ok... i revert back to my original question... why didnt you take it in when you first had the problem? you had another ski to ride so its not like you were loosing anything

+1
    Because I only have 1 single trailer and didn't want to be stuck using the double trailer

+1
    i dont know how that dealer is but most dealers that i have been to they have you drop your ski off they put it on a shop stand and then you take your trailer with you

+1
    spoke to the LI kawi, the service guy said to keep the ski inside till the 28th, then bring it right to them and they will be able to get it right inside. now im just hoping they can fix it and it runs all next summer

Yo official style, check your supercharger (Blower) oil level cause the dealer short changed me on the oil level was not even touching the stick on my 09 Kaw 260x.!!!! After a careful inspection of the Pre delivery checklist, I found out there was not even a place for the inspection of the supercharger oil on the sheet!!! This maybe the culprit. If you need help with the how to check the supercharger oil just let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information