Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

riva xx and 48# injector AFR numbers

Hey guys got my LC1 installed and ready to go out in a couple of days to get some AFR numbers. All i can report at the moment is that at idle on the trailer i am seeing mid 11's, this is a bit rich i think yes?
    I will keep you guys posted on my findings when i go out in a couple of days.

+1
    Mine runs 10.8 on a cold start then settles to 11.4 once warm. A bit rich for idle yes.

+1
    i have rive 50's and im around 11.3-11.5 at idle.

+1
    13-13.5 at idle and mid pre boost 5000 rpm ish is fine and great for fuel economy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys got my LC1 installed and ready to go out in a couple of days to get some AFR numbers. All i can report at the moment is that at idle on the trailer i am seeing mid 11's, this is a bit rich i think yes?
    I will keep you guys posted on my findings when i go out in a couple of days.
    It idle 11's is fine.
    Expect to see high 13's at midrange cruising. This is also perfectly fine.
    You want to see 11.7 to 12.0 at WOT. This is most important.

+1
    +1 to all post above.

+1
    Thanks guys, looking forward to posting my findings..

+1
    Hey guys, just reporting back with my findings. After the ski was warmed up and in the water idle AFR was around 12.5, cruising at around 5-6000rpm AFR was also around 12.5, and WOT AFR was low 11's. Looks like i can safely get away without running a RRFPR which i am happy with. This was in around 80 degree Air and 73 degree water.
    Now for the bad news. After riding for around 20 minutes (riding very hard) my ski threw a P116 alarm. I had just whipped the ski around 180 and had a bit of water come over the front, the ski studdered and bogged down as if it had ingested water, i just idled it 50 metres to the shore.. It wasnt until after that i thought of the possiblility that it was in limp mode?? How does the ski act when it goes into limp mode? Anyways, i checked the overflow bottle to find it was empty, and topped it up with about a litre and a half of water. I waited 20 minutes and started it up and rode it about 1000metres around to the boat ramp where it seemed like it was running fine.. Definately sounds like my slight coolant leak may have transformed into a full blown head gasket..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    if it was already weak or going and you put more boost to it it will definately finish it off....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys, just reporting back with my findings. After the ski was warmed up and in the water idle AFR was around 12.5, cruising at around 5-6000rpm AFR was also around 12.5, and WOT AFR was low 11's. Looks like i can safely get away without running a RRFPR which i am happy with. This was in around 80 degree Air and 73 degree water.
    Now for the bad news. After riding for around 20 minutes (riding very hard) my ski threw a P116 alarm. I had just whipped the ski around 180 and had a bit of water come over the front, the ski studdered and bogged down as if it had ingested water, i just idled it 50 metres to the shore.. It wasnt until after that i thought of the possiblility that it was in limp mode?? How does the ski act when it goes into limp mode? Anyways, i checked the overflow bottle to find it was empty, and topped it up with about a litre and a half of water. I waited 20 minutes and started it up and rode it about 1000metres around to the boat ramp where it seemed like it was running fine.. Definately sounds like my slight coolant leak may have transformed into a full blown head gasket..
    Your head gasket is blown bro and you were in Limp mode. Dont ride the ski anymore if possible. I meant to tell you to check the head bolts as mine were very loose (and I didnt check them) when we upgraded my SC and mine blew. Sorry about this but it seems to be pretty normal. P116 is overheat.

Go ahead and make plans to pull your head and have it decked and pick up a new gasket.

I just installed my third head gasket and I torqued mine like Breon's so Im hoping Ill be good this time

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information