Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile WORX Ride Plate blocks FZR pump

Hi All.

Firstly the WORX ride plate is awesome...Highly recommend them for CC racing.
    BUT....Be careful, If you follow their installation instructions and silicon them in you wonít be able to remove your pump to get to your impeller off. Thereís a reinforcement ridge on the plate that the pump hits as you slide it off. This means you have to take the ride plate off. I used a good amount of silicon (as recommended by WORX) and it only just broke free. Anymore I could have been in trouble.

Just a heads up

+1
    Same goes for the OEM FZ rideplate. You need to drop the rideplate or completely remove it to take out the pump

+1
    Thanks for the heads up man . Can you tell us about the plate and how much speed loss and what not. Sorry for the hijack but I'm really keen on getting some info on this plate. Been hearing some good reports on it so far.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnz View Post
    Hi All.

Firstly the WORX ride plate is awesome...Highly recommend them for CC racing.
    BUT....Be careful, If you follow their installation instructions and silicon them in you won’t be able to remove your pump to get to your impeller off. There’s a reinforcement ridge on the plate that the pump hits as you slide it off. This means you have to take the ride plate off. I used a good amount of silicon (as recommended by WORX) and it only just broke free. Anymore I could have been in trouble.

Just a heads up
    Hey mate glad you like the WORX plate i loved mine in CC trim hands down the best plate i ve been saying this for 12 months do you think anyone listen.

And yes we know it rubs speed but in CC racing who cares when u can turn and hold it WOT.

Speed loss is between 2 to 4mph average

Where you located in Syd

+1
    I don't see any benefit of siliconing a ride plate anyway. Not sure why they recommend that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I don't see any benefit of siliconing a ride plate anyway. Not sure why they recommend that.
    I can understand siliconing around the bolt but anymore is an overkill IMO

i just machined the ribs off mine and the pump slips in and out easy as

never really siliconed the plate on my self
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00196-20101223-1043.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	224488  

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Thanks for the heads up man . Can you tell us about the plate and how much speed loss and what not. Sorry for the hijack but I'm really keen on getting some info on this plate. Been hearing some good reports on it so far.
    Plate is so stable going into turns at top speed its stupid. I cant imagine why you would want anything else. I was WOT top speed into 90 degree turns no sweat. No way I could have done that on a shimmed stock plate. It took off about 1-2mph on calm water. in chop it was faster. CC racing has chop everywhere after the first lap!!
    I noticed it was a little more nose up so I would have to trim an extra notch than usual. Im thinking a 2.5 degrees nozzel would give that back. in CC I have the nose trimmed hard down any way.

You wont be dissapointed. My mates FZR with a Riva plate wouldnt come close for this application. I rode his with stock, riva and R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    i just machined the ribs off mine and the pump slips in and out easy as

never really siliconed the plate on my self
    Thats a high load baring rib you ground off...Hope it last for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by drewnz View Post
    Thats a high load baring rib you ground off...Hope it last for years to come.
    ha ha i threw my 2 cents worth in during the later stages of manufacturing on the worx plate for watson racing over a year a go now the one pictured was one of the first ones out of the mold and has lasted so far

my 400hp kawi ultra had a carbon fiber ride plate no more than 5mm thick that bill chapin of R&D made up
    no ribs at all in it i has lasted for years with out a stress crack

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information