ROTAX RACING performance
    +1

ROTAX RACING | you can never beat the factory |

last week the issue with the rotated *spun* timing gear came up in a post from Jason , on his Les Cooke build engine the gear that is only press'd on the crank had change position from the power of the engine causing the timing to change resulting in pure performance. Les Coke is one of the best 4 tec engineers in the world and he is working with 400 + HP engines since 2006. but he had never think of that problem.
    ROTAX RACING has since 2005 all gears pin looked on the crank of there factory engines, the prices are very high of the ROTAX RACING products, but the engineering is always a step ahead. and they would have the best turbo setup as well, but BRP does not support the development from turbo setups until now, thats why ROTAX RACING advance the SC setups to a level of performance that is close to the best turbo 4tecs.
    the reliability is higher, but the cost of the advanced technology is not in relation to the turbo setup.

i will release information on the new factory 1600cc stroker crank tomorrow, the stroker version will only be available as racing short or long block.
    ROTAX RACING have new MAHLE Racing pistons available in 9.5 CR with much better ring design , because the stroker engine has a higher piston speed and the old ring design *same as stock * was not perfect for the stroker setup.

i will provide also more information in the future on ROTAX RACING products as far as possible.

+1
    Sweet

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Malte, I think James Bushell may have had a gear move on a crank once too? On a practice motor perhaps? I am going from memory.

Also, these stroker cranks that Franco told us about in Thailand, they will not be open class legal will they? For use in GP class & UIM series?

Shame we did not see you at Kings Cup, it was a good race.

BTW, you know you are making power when you start twisting the ends off OEM cranks...

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    breaking driveshafts at the PTO end is a good sign as well for power,
    James, i was waiting in Havasu for you to show up , but the A1 boat was the best looking race craft in Thailand thats for sure what i heard

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    2010 IJSBA rulebook RA Open Class

8.4.5 Crankshaft may be modified or aftermarket. Stroke must remain the same as original. Total weight of the crankshaft must be within +/-5.00% of original equipment. Replacement bearings or bearing shells are allowed, providing they maintain their original type and dimensions.

they are working to change that rule in 2011, as the Yamaha engine with 1800 cc has advantage, and they change the rulebook CC limit for the new Yamaha as well in 2009

in GP class the new stroker engine is legal * Crankshaft assembly may be modified or aftermarket. Stroke and rod length may be changed.*

Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    last week the issue with the rotated *spun* timing gear came up in a post from Jason , on his Les Cooke build engine the gear that is only press'd on the crank had change position from the power of the engine causing the timing to change resulting in pure performance. Les Coke is one of the best 4 tec engineers in the world and he is working with 400 + HP engines since 2006. but he had never think of that problem.
    ROTAX RACING has since 2005 all gears pin looked on the crank of there factory engines, the prices are very high of the ROTAX RACING products, but the engineering is always a step ahead. and they would have the best turbo setup as well, but BRP does not support the development from turbo setups until now, thats why ROTAX RACING advance the SC setups to a level of performance that is close to the best turbo 4tecs.
    the reliability is higher, but the cost of the advanced technology is not in relation to the turbo setup.

i will release information on the new factory 1600cc stroker crank tomorrow, the stroker version will only be available as racing short or long block.
    ROTAX RACING have new MAHLE Racing pistons available in 9.5 CR with much better ring design , because the stroker engine has a higher piston speed and the old ring design *same as stock * was not perfect for the stroker setup.

i will provide also more information in the future on ROTAX RACING products as far as possible.

Thanks for posting Malte

We know that rotax racing products are the number one!!!! Thanks malte to share!

really cool stuff

SPEED COMES 1/10 @ A TIME SpeedFreeks Racing's Avatar
    +1
    malte, just wondering?

(1) what would be the hp & torque gains with the stroker and 9.5 pistions?

(2) what would be the hp & torque gains from just the stroker crank alone?

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    BTW, you know you are making power when you start twisting the ends off OEM cranks...[/QUOTE]

hmmmm. look what i started...

Thread Information