Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP Supercharger

I just picked up an RXP and had a crazy question. I know this might sound silly, but with all the super charger problems that seem to plague the RXP's is there a way to remove the super charger and just run the ski without it?

+1
    Yes, you can take out the charger and just plug the hole. It would run like a 155 or 185 I think.

I would recommend to just keep the stock supercharger with the new metal washers and you should have no problem whatsoever.

Sweet, thanks for the info and the quick response!

proper maintenance and actually paying attention to how your ski feels/performs can greatly reduce the possible issues with supercharger failures, especially with a stock charger.

Well I just got the ski so I'm really new to this, is there anything specific I should be paying attention to when riding?

+1
    The Super charger issues have really become a thing of the past,especially with a stock Scer..With the new metal washers and the McMaster Carr spring washers, super charger issues are far and few now..NOW once you get into the bigger chargers then there is a little more maintance involved but for your stock Scer??You put those parts in and you should have no issues all year with it..

what year is the ski? how many hours on it? if it is a brand new one, you've got almost nothing to worry about. a lack of power and reduction in top speed is a sign of something going wrong. rather than hoping it'll work itself out, it's best to take it easy and inspect things before more damage is done. if you're like me and want to know when the small "issues" start to prevent big problems, you might want to install a boost gauge. once you've got some time on the ski, you'll know what kind of boost levels to expect, and if you see the boost levels change, it'll be a good time to check the slip. if you're reasonably mechanical, get the tools from the store on here so you can at least check the slip properly and adjust accordingly. no need for all the tools to rebuild it, unless you really want to, since there are a few guys on here that offer rebuild services and do a great job with it.

+1
    Here is the rebuild thread if you are interested. ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...50&pagenumber=

I would also recommend that when you rebuild, get a Viton seal. Can be found here ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144085

Worth the money and Jerry can throw it in if he is rebuilding your charger. On any new ski (used) without warranty or with I would rebuild the SC and put a Viton in it. Peace of mind is what I call it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason51873 View Post
    I just picked up an RXP and had a crazy question. I know this might sound silly, but with all the super charger problems that seem to plague the RXP's is there a way to remove the super charger and just run the ski without it?

yah put a turbo on that bitch and call it a day

you 'll be dissapointed without the SC, the hp is about 135 to 155, tops 50 miles you will get bored at the first ride. As mentioned before, everything has to do with maintenannce. These machines are fast and need to be inspected often, if you cannot do it your self (as i) find someone who you trust to do it for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information