Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lodbrs 2011

Lodbrs 2011

The Schedule for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat races for 2011 have been officially posted.

2011 Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series Schedule

ALL EVENT DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

MAY 27-29, 2011
    Run For The Ring National Touring Series
    City: Phoenix, Arizona

JUNE 18-19, 2011
    City: St. Louis, MO

JUNE 25-26, 2011
    City: San Angelo, TX

JULY 16-17, 2011
    City: Augusta, GA

JULY 29-31, 2011
    City: Wheatland, MO
    Track: Lucas Oil Speedway

AUGUST 12-14, 2011
    City: Marble Falls, TX

AUGUST 27-28, 2011
    City: Chouteau, OK

SEPTEMBER 10-11, 2011
    City: Lake Irvine, CA

NOVEMBER 17-20, 2011
    City: Phoenix, Arizona

+1
    Do you think the hydro drag boys will come and play under real rules, safety crews, and a real starting system or stay with who has the most money wins. or is the chance of a girl with a slow ski to much.

+1
    Has anyone raced this series? I looked over the 2010 rulebook & there's very little info on the PWC classes. I see that it is a bracket class, but they just say PWC1 & PWC2 with no specific tech info. Other than that, the only thing they make clear is the reg fee & that ballistic shorts are required for PWC's passing 70mph.

http://www.lucasoildragboats.com/pdf...t_Rulebook.pdf

+1
    You fall under river racer. yes it is a a bracket class. I have been pushing the pwc class to build it up. The best thing I can say is pm me with your number and I can help you out

john

It is basically run what you brung. There has been a few of us trying to get some rock hard rules in place but no progress yet. Right now there is a PWC 1 class which is 16 YOA & older and PWC2 which is 12 YOA - 16. You have to wear a neck collar regardless, ballistic shorts for over 70 MPH and possibly some type of helmet restraint system. We do have approval to use the EVS type system. Have heard of some rule changes coming out but have not found out for sure what they are. We run a dial in index to make things more even. A dial in is you tell the starter what you think you will run and that gives you the staggered start. It is who runs the closest to thier dial in without running faster is who usually wins. Allot of other factors such as reaction time falls into this equation also. This year with the opening of Wheatland, MO I can bet that Lucas is going to have allot of filming going on.

A few of us that run the various associations have been telling the associations that there are allot of 70MPH + PWC's out there and the reason the drag racing does not see them is because of the payouts are not good enough. Some of you out there that like drag racing come out and race with us to show the associations how many there are so we can get the purse pushed up in $$. PrimoRXP runs SLDBA and I run SDBA so we both can help anyone out that has questions. Hydrotoys and a few others have raced with us and I believe they had a good time.

If any questions you can PM me also and if I don't have the answer I will get it for you.

+1
    You probably wont get anyone to race this type of format, with reaction times and dail in times. just my 02.

+1
    well if you want to just race for a trophy or money I love what i do but to bring home a check helps. reaction and dial in times evens the field if your pockets are not as deep as the next person.

Yes it does even the field machine wise but it also makes the driver race. In other words it makes a driver pay attention to what their ski will do and how they react. This is what makes it interesting when you have someone on a stock 50 MPH PWC run someone on a 80+ MPH PWC. Whoever is paying attention to what they are doing is the one who more than likely will win. Trust me it is hard to take a loss from a slower boat when you do not pay attention to what your PWC is doing quickly enough.

When I raced at Phoenix in '09 World Finals for the money, by the time I realized I had been running faster than all weekend it cost me the win by .058 of a second simply because I was not paying attention to how fast I was catching the person I was running. But also when someone gets a 8 second start on you it is hard to not run it out the back door. Even if someone gets a 6 second start on you that seems like allot of distance to catch up on especially when the person you are racing is on a bone stock yamaha.

Take a look I am in the far lane and get a 6.2 second start on the other guy . The annoucer says it all.

Besides there are not a whole lot of places that you can watch a Top Fuel Hydro do a wheely stand .

Just checked out LODRS website, there are going to be 2 races in Cali for you west coast racers. www.lucasoildragboats.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    Do you think the hydro drag boys will come and play under real rules, safety crews, and a real starting system or stay with who has the most money wins. or is the chance of a girl with a slow ski to much.
    Thanks for reminding why this was fun to do ONCE, and then not waste any more money on it. Without REAL classes, this is basically a sport for the wives to do, to keep busy, while the husbands race in the classes that fit their boats. They are pretty proud of this fact too. We heard it more than once.

About the only rules we saw, were a priest praying for Joe and myself before the race, once they saw what we might be capable of. (You can't make this stuff up.)

Oh, and forget about warming your watercraft up before the race, or clearing out the exhaust, or bringing up the rpm's to launch. If you make any waves before the starting line, the boat guys start twitching, and go into a fit. This starting line is straight out of 1945's bubba racing holding a rope, while guessing when to start, based upon a 10sec count down light. Yeah, some high tech stuff there.

My best advice to anyone wanting to do this, is to make a tailgate party out of it. Bring the slowest most reliable, RENTAL 3-4 seater you have, sit perfectly still on the seat, dial in your times, and don't forget to put some fuel in it. Hell, just fill it up between rounds to keep it consistant.

The Hydro-drags might have their growing pains, especially this last go around, but it's still something that is geared toward PWC, and caters to the racers. They have classes, and hopefully in the future, will start playing by the rules, or DQ the racers.

I highly recommend everyone do this type of racing ONCE... it was fun. After that spend your money and efforts on grass roots racing geared toward PWC.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information