Thread: RXT VS. RXT iS

Red face RXT VS. RXT iS

Has anybody got the fuel consumption rate for the RXT with and with out the iS system?I noticed the iS models are about 100+ lbs heavier than the non-iS models and the iS models have 2.7 gallons more than the non-iS.

RXT 260 (yellow)
    845 lbs
    15.9 gals

RXT 260 (Red&Black)
    855 lbs
    15.9 gal

RXT-iS (Yellow)
    970 lbs
    18.6 gal

RXT-iS (Black & Red)
    960 lbs
    18.6 gal

I want to set a new UIM enduro record in 2011 in Bermud and I want to run a sea-doo. Any info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by OTBT; 12-24-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Grammer

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I rode yesterday in rough conditions. WOT burns 18 gal/hr according to my onboard gauge. In rough water, 2ft close chop, I was burning 14-15 and hour trying to maintain a mid 50's speed. She'll burn about 15 an hour at 60 in smoother water. You're looking at about a 70 mile range. I also really like the suspension as I can more easily maintain those speeds. I have a yellow iS, but I might be trading for the new aS, as it's more suited to offshore riding. I would think that machine would suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

+1
    I agree with UNSANE. I really like the bigger fuel tank on the iS + the suspension makes a huge difference in choppy conditions IMO. I think all my skis get about the same MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I rode yesterday in rough conditions. WOT burns 18 gal/hr according to my onboard gauge. In rough water, 2ft close chop, I was burning 14-15 and hour trying to maintain a mid 50's speed. She'll burn about 15 an hour at 60 in smoother water. You're looking at about a 70 mile range. I also really like the suspension as I can more easily maintain those speeds. I have a yellow iS, but I might be trading for the new aS, as it's more suited to offshore riding. I would think that machine would suit your needs.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by driveumhard; 01-02-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: sp

Banned User
    +1
    If you're out doing LONG trips on stretches of bays/oceans which can get quite choppy, the suspension is in its element. If you intend to pull kids around on a tube in fresh water all year, and mainly ride in lakes/rivers - I'd probably not get it.

I've done quite a few BIG runs on the iS and pulled a seriously laden inflatable with 3 x dive gear through chop and its just what I needed. I never got to run it on a 280 km voyage I was planning as the weather has been very MIXED down in the south of AU this year. (Very cold summer too).

I confirm you will get 70+ miles.... If you really cruise it, I have to use metric here LOL, You will get approx. 2 KM to the liter (70 liters onbaord). So you can, theoretically get 140km out of a tank if you run it dry on about 5500 rpm in relatively flat conditions

Hey guys thanks for your feed back it has been very helpful

Thread Information