Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Falling off your ski and what was the result.

Do you have any stories of falling off your ski at speed?

Did it hurt? What was the circumstances? Did you hit a huge wave? or come close to a dock or avoiding something in the water or have you been hit by another ski? Any Injury? How did you get back on the ski?

I've landed pretty hard sideways coming off a few big waves on the SLT. Man that hurts when your ankles slap the sides of the ski.

Never have fallen off at high speed. Dont want too either.

I hit a big wave at speed - sideways!
    We were marshalling for a wave-hub project off the Cornwall coast in the UK & had to enforce an exclusion zone. We had issues with a pleasure boat / rib that would come across at high speed and try his luck.
    I was on an intercept course at around 50mph, with diagonal waves. Conditions were a bit lumpy and as I hit one wave, the back end twitched & I hit the next wave sideways. Needless to say, I took flying lessons & landed on my face in the Atlantic. If I hadn't been wearing my Gecko helmet, I could have done some major damage. As it was, I was a bit embarrassed but managed to get back on the ski & carry on. It did smart a bit though. Not to be recommended!

+1
    Hit some nice rollers from just a 20ish foot boat going about 40mph on my R-12x, and spooled the turbo up perfectly without much gas, ended up being way nose high at about 50mph, my buddy from my dock (500 ft away?) said he saw the a## end of the ski 4 ft in the air and the nose completely veritcal, with me being pitched off to the side, it was a huge splash with me ending up a good 50+ yards from the ski, took all I could to get back on it...

Shoulder surgery cause #1?

+1
    I fell off 2 years ago after hitting the waves from a 30 or so foot cabin cruiser wrong. I hit the first set OK, turned around hit them the other way and I had to swerve to miss a log in the water and that caused me to hit the wave wrong, it all happened so fast I really don't remember the specifics, but some how I went over the handlebars and slid down the front of the ski while doing about 40 MPH. The next thing I remember is floating in the water not knowing what happened and bad pain in my right forearm and left wrist. The ski was a good 100 feet or so from me so I had to swim back to it and try to climb back on with two sore arms. As soon as I got back on I went right back to the dock and pulled the ski out of the water for the day.

+1
    My old gf took my SLT out on the Saint Clair River, first ride.... She immediately thought it was the funest thing ever. She flew wot all the across the river which was about a half mile across..She hit a wave from a big cruiser (40 footer type) throwing a 4 or 5 footer off the back and she hit it perfect and flew way up in the air and and landed hard with her body slamming her against the ski...screwed up her ankle.. She was out there for a while before she limped back in.. She never did jump waves again after that incident.

+1
    While supermanning my GPR at 73 mph I hit a smallish boat wake and was somehow ejected. Tore the ACL in my left knee and 2 surgeries later the knee is still f****d
    I have decided that staying seated on the ski is the best option for any future riding

+1
    72 mph ,hit roller from unknown gigantic boat, through the air nose up but twisted , boat slapped water hard launching me , hit rolling ,like a spin cycle in washing machine, stripped naked , only vest stayed on...ski 70 yards away when I finally found shorts and lanyard......didnt hurt and was kinda fun , dont want to do this anymore.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    dislocated shoulder, dislocated knee, broken nose, 2 sprained ankles and various bruises

+1
    I fell off my SL900 on my very first outing, and that was the only time. Funny thing was that I was doing 0 mph in the lake and a boat went past and the subsequent wake was enough to throw me off balance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information