Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 150 with a ADA head?

Looking at adding a ADA billet head to my stock 2002 Ultra 150. I ride on the Mississippi River and if I don't bring enough 91-93 octane in cans am I best not to use 87 octane from the pump with the 42cc domes?

Thats a good head. Were running it on a 99 stx and it's a world of difference at low rpms. Using anything other than 93 is fine but you run the risk of detonation especially raising the compression. For what the gas costs vs. a new engine, I would just fill up those cans you have.

Yeah I will just never know if you'll get stuck sometime. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suprmario96 View Post
    Thats a good head. Were running it on a 99 stx and it's a world of difference at low rpms. Using anything other than 93 is fine but you run the risk of detonation especially raising the compression. For what the gas costs vs. a new engine, I would just fill up those cans you have.
    Gives it more low end punch does it?

Yeah rodriguezf0913 on this forum has this ski I'm talking to you about. See if he can give you any recommendations

+1
    You can not compare the 1100 stx motor with the 1200 ultra/stxr motor. 91 octane or 93 is a must with a after market head on the 1200 motor....But depends really on the squish and compression.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by x2ryder View Post
    Looking at adding a ADA billet head to my stock 2002 Ultra 150. I ride on the Mississippi River and if I don't bring enough 91-93 octane in cans am I best not to use 87 octane from the pump with the 42cc domes?

You can get some of the Aces IV for 2 strokes and you can run 87 octane when you can't get premium. It works, unlike some other "octane" booster out there that claim they raise octane by say 4 points, which they do, but a point is 1/10th of a octane, so adding a 4 point boster to 87 octane nets you 87.4 octane

Where as Aces actually raises it full points, so it would go from 87 to 91 octane. (this is just an example, it may raise it more)

I run the stuff in my very high compression 650SX (over 200 psi) and have never burn a cylinder running with it. I use it in my Ultra too. It also has other benifits, read the site.

http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm

If you have any questions, call Brian, the owner and he will gladly spend all the time you need to understand his products before you buy.

+1
    For $8 you can get a whole gallon of leaded fuel Which really works verses most additives that i'n reality don't do anything research and see for yourself ...
    It's your motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    For $8 you can get a whole gallon of leaded fuel Which really works verses most additives that i'n reality don't do anything research and see for yourself ...
    It's your motor

Oh, so you talked to Brian and BND automove and you came to this conclusion. Can you post your scientific data disputing his products cause we all need to see it. I would like to see that cause if his stuff is junk, I don't want to waste my money on it anymore.

What good is a gallon of leaded fuel btw? Considering the say NEVER run leaded fuel in the engine in question here.

+1
    Hey guy you have alot to learn let's just leave it at that an just be because you run it i'n a650 kawi and then says it works tells me you have a lot to learn compression is not everything....

I hope he takes your advice it will be a good learning experience. It costs money to get a education now a days ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information