Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

What's missing for my 2010 RXP-X

Parts List :
    .................................From Riva.............................................. ...... ............................. From PPG...............
    XXX Super Charger ..............................Pro-Series Cylinder Head Stud Kit ..................RR Cam 6224
    50LB Injectors ......................................Cylinder Head Gasket .....................................RR Cam Sprocket
    Pro-Series ECU ....................................High Performance Valves ................................RR Camchain Tensioner
    RRFPR ................................................RR Front Engine Mount ..................................R&D Intake Grate
    Valve Train Upgrade............................. Intercooler Upgrade Kit
    Pro-Series Aluminum Water Box ...........Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    Open Loop Cooling Kit .........................Pro-Series Sponson
    Pro-Series OPAS Block-Off ..................Pro-Series Blow-Off Valve Kit
    Pro-Series Power Filter ..........................Solas 15/22R
    2 degree Pump Wedge ...........................VTS Extension Rod
    Pro Series Reduction Nozzle

My 2010 RXP-X build starts this winter. I'm looking for inputs from the guys with experience who can tell me from my parts list, what works, what doesn't, what's still needed. From what I've read in the threads, I will need (2 or 3) pressure relief valves to protect against over stuff.... what else?? If anyone wants to take a stab at what performance numbers I might see at 8500RPM, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all...

+1
    I would not do the blow off valve.

I was turning 8650 (limiter) with a 15/22r and had a best of 81.7. Before I could pitch the prop the head gasket went.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smkondwtr View Post
    Parts List :
    .................................From Riva.............................................. ...... ............................. From PPG...............
    XXX Super Charger ..............................Pro-Series Cylinder Head Stud Kit ..................RR Cam 6224
    50LB Injectors ......................................Cylinder Head Gasket .....................................RR Cam Sprocket
    Pro-Series ECU ....................................High Performance Valves ................................RR Camchain Tensioner
    RRFPR ................................................RR Front Engine Mount ..................................R&D Intake Grate
    Pro-Series Aluminum Water Box ...........Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    Pro-Series OPAS Block-Off ..................Pro-Series Blow-Off Valve Kit

My 2010 RXP-X build starts this winter. I'm looking for inputs from the guys with experience who can tell me from my parts list, what works, what doesn't, what's still needed. From what I've read in the threads, I will need (2 or 3) pressure relief valves to protect against over stuff.... what else?? If anyone wants to take a stab at what performance numbers I might see at 8500RPM, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all...
    Bar the different Cam you can take a look at whats in my sig and my speed. You should at be pretty close. Oh and you need to ADD and LC1/LM1 to your list as well as getting your manifold tapped for the sensor bro.

+1
    Thanks troyheb. I'm getting educated here, for sure. Can you tell me why I should skip the blow off valve? Unfortunately I don't think I will see 8650 with the XXX SC. I read somewhere that the XXX is good to 8500, but will double check that info.

+1
    Thanks Ocman! I can only hope at this point to see something close to 82+. I did consider the LC1/LM2 at one point based on discussion on another thread. But when I asked the question, I was told there was no need to monitor the air/fuel ratio because the Riva Pro-Series ECU would take care of everything for me, true or not true?. Maybe I should reconsider?? Regarding your pressure relief valves, would you be willing to share what type, how many, and where they are installed? Pics would be great if you have them. I've read breon's thread, but don't remember if you had any pics posted.

+1
    Thanks Ocman! I can only hope at this point to see something close to 82+. I did consider the LC1/LM2 at one point based on discussion on another thread. But when I asked the question, I was told there was no need to monitor the air/fuel ratio because the Riva Pro-Series ECU would take care of everything for me, true or not true?. Maybe I should reconsider?? Regarding your pressure relief valves, would you be willing to share what type, how many, and where they are installed? Pics would be great if you have them. I've read breon's thread, but don't remember if you had any pics posted.
    With the Kind of money you are spending you would be wise to go ahead and get at least and LC1(what I have) The XXX is like a Rude 2.5 basically and it makes enough power to where you need to monitor AFRS. RPM speed is in direct relation to tune and prop pitch. You will want to be in the 8580 range when you get everything dialed in to make max power.

Forum member Duke installed my pressure relief system and worked on my Riva plate a bit to ensure everything was set up correctly. Depending on where you are at you might want to contact him. Here a few pics

Attachment 224674Attachment 224675Attachment 224676Attachment 224677Attachment 224678

+1
    Like Ocman said I would strongly reccomend getting a wideband and monitering A/F. The Riva ECU is setup for 10lbs charger, 50s, and a Riva I/C. Anything else would require a RRFPR and a way to know where to go with it.

Also would consider one of many rear air setups instead of the Pro series filter. 100+ rpms there.

Scrap the BOV if it were me.

Careful with that 6224 cam also. It may require different spec Ferrea springs and cutting of the intake pockets on the pistons. Some have run it without but its really close.

+1
    Parts List :
    XXX Super ChargerGood charger, can find a nice used 2Rude int he classifieds for cheaper ..............................Pro-Series Cylinder Head Stud Kit ..................RR Cam 6224I would go with an 04 type"29" Cam..way cheaper too
    Pro-Series ECUI would go with a Les Cooke reflash, if you are already putting all of these mods on trust me that you will want to upgrade your ECU later if you go with the Riva ....................................High Performance ValvesWhat do you mean by this Ferrea's? If so I would suggest you to read up on them...Many run the stock 08 valves and have had no problem ................................RR Camchain Tensioner
    Pro-Series Aluminum Water Box ...........Intake Manifold Upgrade KitWhich one is this? Guessing removing the flame arrestor?
    Pro-Series OPAS Block-Off ..................Pro-Series Blow-Off Valve KitSkip this

In bold are my suggestions

+1
    Thanks troyheb. I'm getting educated here, for sure. Can you tell me why I should skip the blow off valve? Unfortunately I don't think I will see 8650 with the XXX SC. I read somewhere that the XXX is good to 8500, but will double check that info.
    With all the mods listed you should have no prob spinning a 15/22 to the rev limiter on the Riva ecu. Blow off valve more trouble than its worth. Duke is the man, if he says he would not run it, then thats all you need to know. lol Best advise I can give is to read as many threads about PX's as you can. Lots of good, helpfull people here that they have helped me alot, wether they know it or not, and dont be afraid to ask questions. If you do you will be in the 80's in no time.

+1
    Ocman/Duke - looks like I'll be shopping for a LC-1 or similar. Ocman, thanks for the pics.. real nice!
    Troyheb/ImAShark/Duke - point taken on the Blow-Off Valve.
    Duke/ImAShark - thanks much for the advise on the (cam) 6224. I was looking for a 4224, but they were on backorder at PPG. They made me a great deal on the 6224, so I went for it. Had I known, I would have waited for the 4224. Regarding the air filter, it is a rear air setup, I should have used the correct termonology. Thanks for the observation.
    ImAShark - the valves are Riva High Performance Valves, part no. RS19050-HPV-0. Intake manifold upgrade - you are correct.
    My learning curve is through the roof. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information