Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Innovate AFR troubleshoot

Ok so I have a new Afr lc1 and it worked for a short period of time then when I went to start ski last week it goes from 0.00 to 20. I have done the free air calibrate and so fourth and nothing, Does the same thing. So recently when I start the Ski up doing the warm up I press the calibration button for 3 seconds and then the sensor works and it operates fine. Showing my idle around 11.4. Well when I turn the ski off again and restart it and will go to 20. So in order to make it work I'll have to press the calibration button while the led flashes. Its kind of strange and wondered if anyone had any input not sure if the sensor is bad doesn't seem like it... but could be. Thanks in advance.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Everytime you restart the ski it should show 0 and the led should be flashing.... as it's in sensor warm up mode. With in 15-30 seconds or so, it should display your proper a/f (or 20 if the engine is not running). How long are you waiting, does the led ever stop flashing? Also.... it's normal for it to go from 0 to 20 as long as you don't start the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Everytime you restart the ski it should show 0 and the led should be flashing.... as it's in sensor warm up mode. With in 15-30 seconds or so, it should display your proper a/f (or 20 if the engine is not running). How long are you waiting, does the led ever stop flashing? Also.... it's normal for it to go from 0 to 20 as long as you don't start the engine.
    yeah it it goes to 0 when it starts and the first few times it did that correctly.. then I left it in over night and then it never worked right like the sensor I guess was screwed up. The led flashes and then stays solid like its warming up and then it gets warm. I did the trick with the lighter for the butane and It went to 10 then jumped back up to 20 so the instructions indicate if it does that it's the sensor.. so I guess i already screwed it up hmm..

+1
    Not exactly sure whats going on If the sensors bad... it normally shows around 50 on the gauge after the warm up mode. So when you did the butane test.... it jumped from 10 back to 20 quickly??? If so.... thats not right!

+1
    I remember you having an issue when drilling your manifold.... are you sure that you got that thing sealed up properly These sensors won't take one little drop of water!

+1
    I remember you having an issue when drilling your manifold.... are you sure that you got that thing sealed up properly These sensors won't take one little drop of water!
    Yeah I read the instructions again for performing the butane test.. .and I'm assuming the sensor is bad because it said if it doesn't hold 10 for 10 seconds then either the sensor is bad or i need to free air calibrate it.. and already did the free air so I'm just gonna get another sensor and find out.. if all else fails I'll have an extra. I know it's hooked up right.. it worked already lol. Unless a connection came undone but I don't see any.

+1
    That could be another problem too. but when I check the hole.. it's sealed still.. I'm thinkin about getting another manifold also lol.. I don't want a lingering problem down the line.. aggravates me.

+1
    These o2 sensors have a 1 year warranty at Autozone, and Advance auto parts........... if you know what I mean

sounds like the sensor got condensation on it and thats what took it out the bosch o2 sensor is kinda delicate when it comes to getting it wet

These o2 sensors have a 1 year warranty at Autozone, and Advance auto parts........... if you know what I mean

good to know! i've bought my replacement sensors off e-bay since they are stock on some VW's, and they sell for about $50. but getting a warranty sure is a huge benefit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information