Thread: Cam lobe position
12-25-2010, 02:31 PM #1
Cam lobe position
With the crank locked and cam locked what position should the lobes be on cyl 3 ? up or down? . I was reading through a few threads and RichieB says the lobes should be pointing down when in correct position but mine are pointing up!!! is this my cam timing issue!!!
12-25-2010, 04:00 PM #2
12-25-2010, 04:43 PM #3
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Discovery Bay, CA
12-25-2010, 09:21 PM #4
12-25-2010, 09:30 PM #5
1) Bring the crank to #3 front piston to TDC lock the crank with the tool.
2) Lock the cam.
3) Install the cam gear with the 1503 tilted to the left 15*
4) Install the cam gear bolts loose.
5) Tighten the cam chain tensionser and the cam gear will rotate till the 1503 marks are aprox 5* tilted to the left.
6) Loc-tite the cam gear bolts
7) Button-up the top end and ride.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 11-24-2008, 08:42 AM
By pwc311 in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-25-2008, 10:36 AM
By snowrunner in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2008, 09:39 PM
By apactorpedo in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
By jagnew3 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-21-2007, 11:15 PM